Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay "Top Rated Seller" account for sale - 20% discount on fees  (Read 14563 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
12+ year old eBay account with a current feedback score of 3322. This account is a "Top rated seller" and a Power Seller, which provides a 20% discount on eBay fees and buyer confidence. If you are looking to do serious business on eBay, this could be wise investment.

http://myworld.ebay.com/redrumloa/

I am asking for $2,000. The transfer would require eBay approval. eBay user name would be changed to the name of the buyer's choice. If the person buying would be selling Amiga related products, I'd happily sign a multi-year no compete contract.

PM me here if interested.

ACCOUNT IS SOLD
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:33:13 AM by redrumloa »
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: eBay "Top Rated Seller" account for sale - 20% discount on fees
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »
Hi Jim,

As someone who has done business with you on eBay many times and who would trust you to the end of the Earth, I have to ask...

is this ethical?

To be honest, if eBay allows this sort of thing then I'm actually quite disgusted with them.

Anyway, good luck with the sale and I hope it ends up in the hands of someone who will do it justice and not a Doomy or Merlancia type.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

• Original Omega User
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;566118
Hi Jim,

As someone who has done business with you on eBay many times and who would trust you to the end of the Earth, I have to ask...

is this ethical?

To be honest, if eBay allows this sort of thing then I'm actually quite disgusted with them.

Anyway, good luck with the sale and I hope it ends up in the hands of someone who will do it justice and not a Doomy or Merlancia type.

Why wouldn't it be ethical? eBay does allow sale of accounts, with their aproval. If it was sold to someone unethical, they would lose the Top Rated Seller rating very, very fast. It wouldn't make sense for a scamster to buy it to attempt a scam. They would never recoup their investment.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;566119
Why wouldn't it be ethical? eBay does allow sale of accounts, with their aproval. If it was sold to someone unethical, they would lose the Top Rated Seller rating very, very fast. It wouldn't make sense for a scamster to buy it to attempt a scam. They would never recoup their investment.

I'll tell you why.  When someone builds up a reputation, I don't expect them to be able to pass that on to some dodgy bastard.

If you display a 99.9% positive reputation then I expect you to have earned it through quality service, not to have bought it from someone else.

Like I said in my first post, how would you like to buy a $2000 item from someone with a 100% rep and then find out that the person had bought teh account for $500 the week before and has now vanished with your $2000?

The whole rating system is meant to protect the buyer and seller, so explain to me how selling a reputation to the highest bidder does that?

A good scammer could sell multiple products in a short period of time and clear off with the cash before the disputes allow money to be reversed or before trusting customers even register a dispute.  Granted, your $2000 selling price should limit the appeal to the average con-man, but...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:15:09 PM by Darrin »
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
Yup, another good reason to stay the hell away from ebay ......
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

• Original Omega User
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Two things. First off stores change ownership all the time, actually all businesses do. If you have a favorite resturant, chances are it has changed ownership multiple times in your life. Secondly I stated the username would change, so people know they are not buying from "redrumloa".

So you are saying you would rather have me let 12+ years of work whither on the vine rather than get something for it? If the account goes inactive, the account upgrades dissapear.

• Original Omega User
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;566125
Like I said in my first post, how would you like to buy a $2000 item from someone with a 100% rep and then find out that the person had bought teh account for $500 the week before and has now vanished with your $2000?.

It doesn't work that way, eBay would refund your $2,000 if you paid per eBay's TOS. Everything is stacked entirely on the buyer's side these days, none on the seller's side.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 04:25:07 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;566129
Two things. First off stores change ownership all the time, actually all businesses do. If you have a favorite resturant, chances are it has changed ownership multiple times in your life. Secondly I stated the username would change, so people know they are not buying from "redrumloa".

So you are saying you would rather have me let 12+ years of work whither on the vine rather than get something for it? If the account goes inactive, the account upgrades dissapear.

I know what you're saying, but real stores don't post a "reputation rating" above the door.  You don't normally need such a thing because you're paying in the shop and walking away with the goods in your hands.

It isn't the name thing either.  I don't care what they call themselves.  The problem is that they're buying a reputation they haven't earned which IMHO defrauds the purchaser.  I want the rating to reflect the person I'm buying off, not who he bought it off.  IMHO this undermines the whole eBay ratings system and reders it useless.

Your 12 years work brought you sales based on YOUR hard-earned reputation as a honest seller.  If someone else wants a reputation like yours then they need to EARN it, not BUY it.

I'm a hard working person too.  I can't sell my reputation and CV to a new school leaver to pass off as his own.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:29:03 PM by Darrin »

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 04:26:45 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;566131
It doesn't work that way, eBay would refund your $2,000 if you paid per eBay's TOS. Everything is stacked entirely on the buyer's side these days, none on the seller's side.

And how long does this take?  How many hoops have I had to jump through?

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;566142
And how long does this take?  How many hoops have I had to jump through?

You just need to open a dispute and leave negative feedback. Then ebay will usually side with the buyer. You will in 15 days top, be refunded. It happened to me with a few scammers.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »
Quote from: Gulliver;566146
You just need to open a dispute and leave negative feedback. Then ebay will usually side with the buyer. You will in 15 days top, be refunded. It happened to me with a few scammers.

"usually side with the buyer" isn't good enough, especially if I've had to waste 15 days of my time over a person I wouldn't have purchased from to start with.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »
Anyway, I see your point. An ebay account may be available for sale, along with its name and discount features, but their feedback shouldnt.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »
Quote from: Gulliver;566153
Anyway, I see your point. An ebay account may be available for sale, along with its name and discount features, but their feedback shouldnt.

Yeah, that's how I feel.

Anyway, Jim isn't breaking any rules so I wish him the best of luck with the sale.  However, this information has really put me off doing business on eBay again.

• Original Omega User
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;566140
I know what you're saying, but real stores don't post a "reputation rating" above the door.  

At least in Alabama, restaurants are required to post their inspection reports which grades the cleanliness scores. Then you have websites like Angie's List which rate local businesses..

Trust me, any possible sale won't be funding a European vacation or put rims on some Porsche 911. It would be to pay off my credit card balance so I can keep floating along for a while.

Offline dannyp1

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
Anyone who buys a store or a business is paying for the reputation of the business.  Otherwise they would be farther ahead just to start the business from scratch.  On Ebay your reputation is your feedback rating.  This goes on everyday in the business world.  EBay is no different.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:27:49 PM by dannyp1 »