Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is English Amiga Board now a front for RetropassionUK?  (Read 2191 times)

Description:

Offline miggyretroTopic starter

Is English Amiga Board now a front for RetropassionUK?
« on: November 13, 2023, 04:57:48 PM »
All,

Just to make you aware that English Amiga Board seems to now be a RetropassionUK run organisation…

If Steve Clifford doesn’t like you or your username, you get harassed by him and then gets the Admins to ban members for no reason!

As a prime example after looking at the state of affairs of this Amiga Community;

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=103382

Looks like EAB Admin TCD has taken a back hander off Steve Clifford… And got a user kicked off in his say so…

And you wonder why those who want to join such a great community think it’s Toxic!

You have been warned!

I got harassed and perma banned by just joining as “Miggyretro”. After pushing this with SpeedGeek on this forum. It appears I chose the wrong username which would upset RetropassionUK?

Check this out under the thread “Banned from EAB”…

Link here:

https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=75454.msg857403#new

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 05:00:03 PM by miggyretro »

Re: Is English Amiga Board now a front for RetropassionUK?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 07:49:31 PM »
Looks like kin hell is an alter ego as well….

« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 07:53:03 PM by miggyretro »

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 08:09:21 PM »
Yep. My advice as the one who just got perma band in the link. Don’t join EAB. It’s a corrupt forum which RetropassionUK appears to own?

My take on what happened.

Apparently in my haste I put a member in contact with someone who is selling ready made A4000 Repro boards. RPUK then accuses me of being a past banned member(s). I apologise and leave it at that.

A few months later I get a mail from Dominik from “Plakitiv Druck” saying he was closing up and that the Repro boxes he makes and sells will be his last. Yet again RPUK jumps on the band wagon and accuses me of losing his business with Plakitiv Druck and starts a rant about where I suppose to live and that I’ve bought a load of boxes to sell (Which I haven’t).

Whilst this was happening his alter Ego Kin Hell was trying his best to try it on with threads and posts I put together. Even at stages telling those in the know that they were talking “BS”.  ::)
I put a admin report in against him. Nothing gets done. So put an ignore on kin he’ll… He then tries his best to carry in trying it kn by telling members I was wrong in my posts?

Then in the linked post off EAB above I notice both users kin hell and RetropassionUK force selling against a new user of the forums. I make a quip about ignoring kin hell as he is only getting his 10% commission from RetropassionUK.
Next I know I get posts from RetropassionUK out of the blue about I’m about to get banned like other past members…

The rest you know.. Cannot give evidence as TCD has removed all the posts… How convenient…

The following users thanked this post: miggyretro

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 09:00:31 PM »
i thought it would get better after DamienD got kicked but from the looks it did not...

Jeez.

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 09:17:11 PM »
Just goes to show how a forum like EAB has become corrupt… Shame really… Takes 1 individual with a power trip to make a great community look like a Toxic environment……

The following users thanked this post: miggyretro

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 09:05:31 AM »
i thought it would get better after DamienD got kicked but from the looks it did not...

Jeez.

Have no idea who that was? But then again I wasn’t allowed to stay on because of my username to find out.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 06:03:10 PM »

Jeez.

Just done a search over there as a guest. That looked a right mess..
Mine was simply just being pestered and nick picked by Kin Hell and the Man Baby (RPUK) crying over a simple quip I made on one of the replies his alter Ego (Kin Hell) had posted. I’m wondering why people’s goods are taking longer to ship, when the Man Baby (RPUK) is fretting over what people say about him… Oh well..

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 04:50:20 PM »
Just done a search over there as a guest. That looked a right mess..
Mine was simply just being pestered and nick picked by Kin Hell and the Man Baby (RPUK) crying over a simple quip I made on one of the replies his alter Ego (Kin Hell) had posted. I’m wondering why people’s goods are taking longer to ship, when the Man Baby (RPUK) is fretting over what people say about him… Oh well..

Just putting it out there. Kin Hell, is not another account by RetroPassion. I know Kin Hell personally. So trust me, when I say they are not the same person.
Any business threats about what is said abount them. Can we just leave this now.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 08:06:37 PM »
Hi Chris, will do.

At least I know if there is any problems if  attacking me here. I know that the Admins here will be fair and un-biased. 😉👍🏻

Cheers.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 08:21:24 AM »
@Boing-ball

I'm sorry to hear this. Your posts were always helpful and well thought out on EAB. Thanks again for your help with the PiStorm32 Squirrel testing and the original model is working great now. I hope that you get reinstated on EAB.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »
@Boing-ball

I'm sorry to hear this. Your posts were always helpful and well thought out on EAB. Thanks again for your help with the PiStorm32 Squirrel testing and the original model is working great now. I hope that you get reinstated on EAB.

No worries Bud. 👍🏻 It was an itch I had to scratch myself at the time. 🤞🏻 this and the Mediator issues are addressed down the road.