Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My first Mac! (A classic).  (Read 10176 times)

Description:

Offline Boudicca

• Show all replies
Re: My first Mac! (A classic).
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:27:37 PM »
Quote from: tokyoracer;522743
I finally did the un-imaginable and got a PowerMac. Spotted it in a local shop (Cash Generators) at a small (ish) sum of £39.95. As I have only put a deposit down as I have yet to collect it so detail is a little vague but looking at it, i'd guess it's an early - mid 90's one. It had PowerPC stamped on it and the model was a 4 digit number with a /60 on the end. As soon as I get it I will upload pictures of it.
It seems to have yellowed a tad but it is complete with monitor, keyboard and mouse.

P.s. Secret confession: Never really liked Macs that much but have always admired ones pre late 90's. :o

@ 40 quid, Cash Converters saw you coming.

I've got a Macintosh Plus, Imac G3, G4 and PowerMac AGP0 and  all yours for only 999.99 pounds.

Interested ?
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Boudicca

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
Quote from: tokyoracer;522761
Threw out better ones, bargen bacement???... I'm not fussed really, it's a first one for me and in good condition plus there's not often on eBay at resonable money. I think it might be a 60Mhz OS7 one but maybe it can be upgraded? Any light on that subject?

Stick Mac on the end of your signature if your going to put miggies you might as well add macs ;)
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Boudicca

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;522778
@tokyoracer
I find it kind of ironic that everybody on an Amiga forum seems not to understand the appeal of picking up old, slow, obsolete hardware....

Its has to be the "Right Kind" of Old, Slow and obsolete hardware.
(There's snobbery in the antique computers trade u know, where there is a better class of junk) ;)