Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A600 with Furia and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 Issues  (Read 885 times)

Description:

Offline bellerTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
A600 with Furia and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 Issues
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:15:53 AM »
Installed 3.1.4.1 on my Amiga 600 this afternoon.  The machine was working fine with 2.04 but after the installation of the 3.1.4 ROM I couldn't get it to boot.  Only solution to boot from Hard Drive now is to use the early startup to disable the CC0: drive and to disable the CPU caches.

Is there a fix coming in AmigaOS 3.2...seems to be a common problem.

Offline Gulliver

Re: A600 with Furia and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:53:41 AM »
Hi beller,

The problem is that its old firmware is buggy and the cause of lots of issues here and there. I had to deal with at least a dozen users of the same accelerator having the exact same issues over and over again.

Bottomline: contact the reseller/manufacturer and ask for the last firmware update. This will solve your problems.

Offline bellerTopic starter

• S.A.C.C.
    • Show only replies by beller
Re: A600 with Furia and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 03:26:08 AM »
The problem is that its old firmware is buggy and the cause of lots of issues here and there. I had to deal with at least a dozen users of the same accelerator having the exact same issues over and over again.
Bottomline: contact the reseller/manufacturer and ask for the last firmware update. This will solve your problems.

Checked their webpage and it looks like updating the firmware is not for the faint of heart....10 euro plus shipping.  Guess I'll be looking at the options...