Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The most LONG-LIVED Amiga games...  (Read 4802 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: The most LONG-LIVED Amiga games...
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »

SamuraiCrow wrote:
Dune 2 is one of the few games I ever bought for the Amiga.  It's great until you've beaten it about a dozen times.  It has a very compatible HD installer included so you don't even need a WHDLoad slave.

So now the whole world knows who the damn Pirate is that killed the Amiga!!!  It's about time you confessed your crimes. Don't show up at any Amiga shows, you may get stoned to death with Boing Balls.

:lol:
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
What a coincidence that this thread appears the day after I got the urge to spend some time on my A500 w/GVP 530 Turbo last night.  I started about 9pm to play a little "Pool of Radiance" SSI turn based RPG and before I knew it, the clock was showing 3am on it's face.  I have not played any games on any of my Amigas for many many months, but back in 1987 I spent many nights staying up until 3am playing one of the games shown in my list below, and then getting up at 5:30am to get ready for work.  Ahhhh, to be young again and able to recover from 2 hours sleep so easily.

Games I loved to play and would still get out of the box to spend a few hours playing today include:

Millennium 2.2, Return to Earth (spelling incorrect from the developer, not sure why I like this one so much)

All of the SSI turn based RPG games like; Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pool of Darkness, Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn. (Construction Kit called "Unlimited Adventures" released on the PC, but not the Amiga, still has an active group creating new game modules in this style today.  When I am a better programmer I am going to port Unlimited Adventures to the Amiga with a conversion utility that will allow all the dozens of user created PC game modules to also be played on the Amiga)

MegaBall 4

UFO Enemy Unknown

Stellar Conflict (1 to 4 player strategy)

Fire Power (head to head split screen or null modem tank battle)

Many many more.  Amiga has so many great old games.  :-D

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »
@SamuriCrow,

No offense meant.  At the moment it seemed amusing, to me anyway.

Sorry you did not appreciate the spirit that was intended, I did not mean it in anyway other than as a parody of the many messages here and elsewhere on the net where people have actually implied that piracy was responsible for the bankruptcy of Commodore and demise of Amiga production.

I hope you will accept my apology.

P.S. I also do not support piracy and have over 400 original boxed Amiga software titles (games and productivity) that I have paid for.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »

koaftder wrote:
As a software developer who often used to use pirated tools, I realized that I would be hypocrite not to pirate games as well.

:lol:  At least one other person here shares my sense of humor!  Good one koaftder!

Hey Newtonian, I would try Micromachines, but can't find a P!rated copy in my pile of "Back-Up" floppy disks.

Looking in the "Room Of Amiga" just now I did find two more boxes full of boxed Amiga games that have not been added to the spreadsheet of "My Amiga Games".  Woo Hoo!  Maybe I'll find a few that are listed on this thread.

:flame:  :destroy:

:banana:  :ponder:  :banana:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »

lionstorm wrote:
Cannon Fodder
Deuteros
SWOS
Kickoff2/ final whistle (the best game EVER)
Minskies furball (killer game for your girlfriend :-D)
Alien Breed Tower Assault

There is of course a lot more but these games will last forever (specially deuteros as I did not finish the game yet).

Lionstorm, I have been trying to find Deuteros for years with no luck.  Would you mind sending me a few jpegs of the front and back of the box and a couple of screen shots with a general description of the game play.  Someone suggested it would be a great improvement over another game I liked a lot, "Millennium 2.2 Return to Earth". (spelling incorrect by developer, not me)  If you don't mind, please send them to me via PM or regular email.

Thanks,

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
Didn't we just go through a thread almost exactly like this a few months ago?  I still have the spreadsheet on my (temporarily dead) desktop Dell that has hundreds of votes on dozens of games.

I am not saying that doing it again is bad, just hope we all have better things to do as well.

Going to give up trying to sell my house "By Owner" and going to a Realtor in the morning.

Anyone want to buy a "Fixer Upper" in the Southern Calif. area?  My medical condition prevents me from working on it any further and the bills are starting to mount up.  I hate to give in, but I am beat and can't fight it any longer.