Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FS : Plipbox Parallel Port Arduino Ethernet adapter.  (Read 2656 times)

Description:

Offline Pgovotsos

Re: FS : Plipbox Parallel Port Arduino Ethernet adapter.
« on: January 17, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
Quote from: amyren;819882
I notice that they now are for sale at the Amiga on the Lake website.
Does this mean that all plipbox purchases goes through them now?

Are you talking about these http://amigaonthelake.com/amiga-plipbox-parallel-port-ethernet-adapter/

I don't think these are the same as the ones he is selling here. They are just the bare boards without the really nice case that he is selling on the forums. I think it's also a bit more expensive than here because of the extra markup. They ARE made by DMackey828 according to the description.

Offline Pgovotsos

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: amyren;819895
Yes, that is the same.

I did notice he was selling them on amibay at 40 USD.

But I havent seen that case you are refering to, I can not se the case is mentioned in the amibay thread. And the pictures in this thread seem to be missing links. On the amibay posting it is shown just as it looks on amigaonthelake.

I think these are the same guys just different names on the two forums. These are the ones on AmiBay that I was referring to:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?87759-Plipbox-Deluxe-(Ethernet-Adapter)

Offline Pgovotsos

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:10:12 PM »
Quote from: DMackey828;819904
Yeah that's a different guy and not me.

Sorry, so many people are selling them now that I get them confused. I was getting ready to edit my post when I saw your reply :)

Offline Pgovotsos

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:27:42 PM »
Quote from: amyren;819975
Are the adaptors identical if baught from AmigaOnTheLake, Salocinx or from DMackey828?
Judging from the images in Salocinx's ad, the adapter does seem to have a lower profile than the ones shown from DMackey828 and amigaonthelake.

Anyway, I really did like that A560 case, so if I'm going to order this later I probably would'nt mind paying a bit extra for the case.

I don't know if the actual guts are identical but the function should be the same. I didn't get the standard version, I got some modified to work on the 1000 so mine wouldn't be like the others anyway.