Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ....AROS Noise...  (Read 3023 times)

Description:

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
Re: ....AROS Noise...
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 25, 2003, 03:12:36 PM »
I thought it might have something to do with my gfx card (GF4 Ti4200) but VESA modes should work on everything, right?

i tried it on my geoforce4 ti 4200 and it works ok at 800x600 at 16 bit ill have to have a better play with it later .very good at the moment though but can it recognise and use 2 cdrom drives instead of just the one. :-o
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline Emufreak

• Show only replies by Emufreak
Bug Report and some questions
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2003, 06:29:42 PM »
First the good news. This is the first Version of AROS on wich the Graphics work correctly on my Computer. There is still a bug however in the 32-bit Screens. The Screenbars are blue instead of white. My Graphics Card is an ATI RAGE PRO 128. Well I played a lot of breakout2 and Amichess with it already.

AROS still doesn’t like my harddisk however. If my QUANTUM FIREBALL 6GB is plugged in AROS won’t boot. I just get a black screen.

There are also some other Questions I have about AROS. Maybe someone can answer them.
-How can I go in the early startup menu. I tried it with rebooting and pressing both mouse buttons. It didn’t work
-Is there a version of UAE for AROS? Where do I get it?
-Where do I get MAME for AROS?
I’m really looking forward for the day when AROS 1.0 will be released. I think it’s one of the most promising Amiga-related projects.

Offline bloodlineTopic starter

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Bug Report and some questions
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2003, 08:10:19 PM »
-How can I go in the early startup menu. I tried it with rebooting and pressing both mouse buttons. It didn’t work

You have to be really quick :-D try using the space bar instead... but it only seems to check for the mouse buttons or space bar for a fraction of a second before booting... thus the slower your computer the easier it is to get to the Early boot menu.

Um... I think our Mame sync is out of date... and needs to be updated quite urgently.

As for UAE... it should be there... That's odd it seems I didn't include it on my ISO   :-?

I'll see abotu getting that included next time, since we don't have a 68k build of AROS yet, you will ahve to supply your own AmigaOS roms :-)