Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most annoying Amiga game in the world.  (Read 8144 times)

Description:

Offline Cymric

• Show all replies
Re: Most annoying Amiga game in the world.
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:21:11 PM »
Hard Drivin' --- what a complete waste of a perfectly good christmas present that was.

Weird Dreams --- did anyone ever get past the rose bushes, i.e., the second screen to the right, IIRC?

The Surgeon --- did anyone ever manage to operate the patient succesfully without him waking up screaming?

Whirligig --- great mathematical concept, beautiful 3D-animations, but utterly ruined by the controls, the ridiculous 320x200 resolution when you absolutely needed 320x240 at the very least, and the fact that the game in itself was pointless. The solution was printed on the last page of the manual, and I doubt many got as far as the tenth (out of 36) punyverse.

Pinball Mania (I think) --- did someone ever manage to actually win the One Billion Dollar Gameshow? The trick shots were nigh impossible to achieve. (Slam Tilt is sooo much better; I still have it on my PC and get a kick out of every table it offers.)

Magic Pockets --- the guys at the Quality Assurance dept. of the Bitmap Bros were asleep when this was released. The levels were simply WAAYYY to big, and the baddies were mean and fast, with you throwing little tornados at a snail's pace. I cannot believe I wasted good money on this with Gods available. Damn you, Amiga Format!

Pioneer Plague --- great use of HAM mode, lots to do, but held back by the 320x200 resolution, weird scrolling, and the nagging feeling there was no way to actually win this game. I did manage to surpass the programmer's highest level, though.

E-motion --- bought it because of the 'Assembly Line' logo on it. Ugh. Never touched my Devpac again after that.

Jumping Jack Son --- the first puzzle level which allowed you to skip the first four regular levels is unsolvable.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.