Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New improved intuition.library version from the Kickstart 3.1  (Read 30742 times)

Description:

Offline HammerD

Quote from: Thomas Richter;771225
Greenhill, actually, AFAIK. Pretty ancient beast, and unfortunately, the source of V40, as is, is pretty hard to port to anything other. It uses a couple of features of this compiler that should have better been avoided. No, it's not a particularly good compiler, though I doubt the difference is actually measurable, intuition is pretty much high-level.

Not clear who cleaned up the mess for Os 4.x, but its some major undertaking. It's not that the style is really bad, but the tool dependency certainly is.

It's too bad we couldn't organize some official BB3 or BB4 - I know there is unofficial ones, but as you say, it is fairly complex, talking to people, asking, organizing.  With no parent company to do this it makes it rather difficult.

I've had issues with BB3 and BB4 that I can't really explain, for me the most stable release is OS 3.9 BB2.   I can't really tell what other updates and patches can cause issues.  And really even with BB3 and 4 there is not a significant enough difference for me to really notice so even though I want to update I usually regret it if I do, so I always fall back to OS 3.9 BB2.

I do appreciate your recent updates though - and everyone's efforts.   It is very nice to see, as I find myself strangely using OS 3.x more than 4.x or MorphOS these days...
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!