Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA  (Read 18640 times)

Description:

Offline number6

@digitex

Hi Barry.

Given the expressed desire to progress from being a licensee to an owner of both Commodore and Amiga IP, is there any progress on either of those fronts?

More specifically, do your plans change depending on the outcome of the C=Holdings B.V. v. Asiarim Corporation et al lawsuit? If so, in what way?

Offline number6

Re: Amiga.org Exclusive Interview with the CEO of CommodoreUSA
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;686668
(So the world may know......)

So, you learned your lesson about making business proposals to "them"? Heh.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
Quote from: Middleman;686920
6) CBM as a company has been defunct for almost 18 years, and CUSA is a new company that while has no connections to them directly, it has legally and rightfully obtained the use of the name from its rightful holders, namely Commodore Holdings B.V.. How they decide or plan to use the name is their choice and at their discretion.

As you must surely know, Commodore Holdings B.V., the licensing arm of Asiarim, has been declared bankrupt.

It's a stretch, imo, to dismiss the issue of who can do what long term  until the lawsuit over the IP is resolved.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
Quote from: dammy;686946
That is what ya get when people are asking long answered questions.  IMO, it should have been up to the staff to select a number of questions to be submitted to Barry and allow Barry to answer a portion.

From post #1 stating the purpose, I don't see where anyone dismissed that idea.
"Please send over the questions. Include every possible topic you want."
To me this means staff would send to Barry what "they want".
That notion does not negate what Barry stated either.
"I will answer EVERY question submitted, no exceptions, and absolutely nothing is off the table."
This means all questions "sent by staff" will be answered.

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 01:28:18 PM »
Quote from: dammy;686960
To me it sounds like a free for all.

I agree. I'm just re-stating the relevant part of post #1. I'm not saying this will go well. Heh.

Offline number6

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
Quote from: dammy;686962
IP ownership was determined last December in La Hague. Current lawsuit is a mop up operation that should be over by next Thursday, IIRC.

I prefer to keep discussion of that in the forum staff created for such talk. I have links there to the documentation. Each individual is free to draw his own conclusion when reading legal documentation.

Offline number6

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 01:24:09 PM »
@whomever is compiling and sending the questions

If you haven't done so already...

It might be wise to group the questions by general topic, which should make the q/a both easier to address (without having to duplicate similar answers to similar questions) and easier to follow for the audience once completed.