Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Uae ported to ps3 gameos  (Read 6092 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
Re: Uae ported to ps3 gameos
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 18, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »
Is there any way to make a bootable DVD with UAE and 1000s of ADFs to burn and just run on any stock PS3?

Yes a real n00b question but all I do is play games on my PS3 and Blu-Ray, not touched any kind of Linux OS running on it at all.

If we have the keys surely a distro of a DVD ISO could be made and we just add our own ADFs we want some day?

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 05:15:41 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;616283
Is there any way to make a bootable DVD with UAE and 1000s of ADFs to burn and just run on any stock PS3?

Yes a real n00b question but all I do is play games on my PS3 and Blu-Ray, not touched any kind of Linux OS running on it at all.

If we have the keys surely a distro of a DVD ISO could be made and we just add our own ADFs we want some day?

E-UAE is installed on the PS3 harddrive so its easily accessible, no need to boot it from disc. Loading adf from cd or dvd shouldn't be a problem either, when I find my democollection dvd I let you you. If I have time I will transfer a few adf's into PS3 via FTP and see if it works.. but so far putting images on usb-stick has worked very nicely.

Yesterday I ran Turrican 2, Stunt car racer and a dozen of demos.. all of them worked without problems. I already downloaded a patch of stuff from Warlocks adf archive and will have a blast with them (and cold brewskies) later tonight hehe

ps. hang around at #dcs more ;)

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »
Quote from: hooligan;616322
E-UAE is installed on the PS3 harddrive so its easily accessible, no need to boot it from disc. Loading adf from cd or dvd shouldn't be a problem either, when I find my democollection dvd I let you you. If I have time I will transfer a few adf's into PS3 via FTP and see if it works.. but so far putting images on usb-stick has worked very nicely.

Yesterday I ran Turrican 2, Stunt car racer and a dozen of demos.. all of them worked without problems. I already downloaded a patch of stuff from Warlocks adf archive and will have a blast with them (and cold brewskies) later tonight hehe

ps. hang around at #dcs more ;)

Can you install it on a stock PS3 out of the box then?

Some sort of bootable fuss free DVD ISO would be nicer though for distribution to the average console gamer out there :).

Offline nikodrTopic starter

• Show only replies by nikodr
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;616584
Can you install it on a stock PS3 out of the box then?

Some sort of bootable fuss free DVD ISO would be nicer though for distribution to the average console gamer out there :).

You need a custom firmware that has the install pkg option.Custom firmwares can be found online,do not install 3.56 as sony did some nasty things and you cant go back to 3.55 easily.Now if you are too afraid you can just install the custom firmware install the applications and then go back to your official 3.55,now the applications wont be lost,and can be runned as they are signed.

I think the best install option would be to have the custom lv2 access application,along with the latest backup manager.

That way you can install official firmware after and still have the ability to play backups.