Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Important: Planned site maintenance from 25 may  (Read 8150 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

Important: Planned site maintenance from 25 may
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:30:27 PM »
Please note that the Amiga.org forums will be taken offline from midnight (GMT) on Friday 25 May 2018.  This is due to essential server work resulting in a major site upgrade and migration.

It is anticipated that the site will be offline for around 7-10 days.  We apologise in advance for the inconvenience this will cause.  We will update the website with more information as the work progresses.

This work will be the largest upgrade to Amiga.org forums in many years and we are hopeful it will equip the site with a modern forum platform for the future.

In the meantime, the Amiga.org Facebook group will still be in operation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/amiga.org
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:37:24 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Re: Important: Planned site maintenance from 25 may
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »
Hi

I *fully* understand the need for the site to be compatible with the A1200.  I was very disappointed years ago when Amiga.org was moved to vBulletin and I could no longer log in.  Amiga.org has been on this path for some time now of not being compatible with older systems such as the Amiga.  I have to browse the site from my X5000 these days or on the go with mobile devices.

Due to new privacy laws, access to the site has to be strengthened with SSL being mandatory and various other upgrades.

Classic legacy support is another project that I am starting to plan for now.  Once the server migration and work is complete, we can check to see what we can do regarding supporting access to Classic Amiga systems.  It will be a big (and ambitious) project in its own right.

Re: Important: Planned site maintenance from 25 may
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »
You can log in of course Karlos!