Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1  (Read 31865 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 24, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
forget it..

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »
Quote from: Dandy;815645
@ wawrzon:

It would be nice to know to whom and to what you're replying.

Not just you personally, but all posters here who have this bad habit of replying without indicating to whom and to what they're replying.

Is it really too demanding for you to put an "@ xyz:" at the beginning of a posting/reply or simply to use the "Quote"-button?

to you. isnt it obvious, that the post references the one just above if there is no quote?

and isnt it obvious that you cannot fit a pci-e card into the mediator, when there is no appropriate slot?
you can of course be first to try, even if it would require adapter over adapter over adapter just to prove that the driver doesnt work nevertheless, but according to your posts im not sure if the system you are planning to use is stable enough to deliver dependable results.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 02:16:11 PM »
Quote from: utri007;815647
@ Dandy

Is possible to use Radeon HD7XXX cards with mediator?

I think that Warp3D Nova doesn't wotrk with Mediator, because you can't get Radeon HD 7XXX cards work with it.

i doubt. mediator interfaces through zorro to the amiga which interfaces then via cpu or expansions slot to the turbo board. the effective bandwidth is 7mb/s. addressing the graphics card is tricky and seldom anything else than voodoo3 or radeon 92xx is used. even if the card attached via a pci-pci-e adapter would be recognized, which is a task almost impossible to imagine even for a skilled geek, the bandwidth makes it completely senseless for any more complex 3d usage i fear.

however similar applies to older amigaone (NO X), pegasos and sam440 computers, so it isnt that tragic for us.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 08:43:22 AM »
Quote from: Rotzloeffel;8159

Performance was allways the reason for not using Z3-Memory in 4.1 but I think they managed it to get it faster.... think about the WinUAE-users....

Wishful thinking. They might finally lift the zorro ram blocade in order to satisfy potential alice customers. On uae there is no speed penalty.