Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Macworld: Turn your G4-era Mac into a next-gen Amiga  (Read 17241 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: MacWorld: "Turn your G4-era Mac into a next-gen Amiga"
« on: June 16, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
Could have been just a bit more accurate at a couple of points, but over all, not a bad article and good exposure for the MorphOS users in a larger Mac user market.

Maybe we will see a few curious Mac users buying MorphOS licenses and showing up on this site, or forum sites set up for MorphOS only, soon.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Macworld: Turn your G4-era Mac into a next-gen Amiga
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;767285
remembering that it was piru who posted benchmarks a lot i would assume being interested in benchmarks also apply to morphos people, at least as long as benchmarks suit the purpose.

still im not talking about benchmarks here, just about the reaction and the expectations of wider audience. thanks to the articles in question morphos is currently experiencing some for amiga-like systems considerable and exceptional media coverage. i think it is worth to take the oportunity and validate the feedback, and take it seriously, because however misleading and uninformed the articles themselves may be, this is what might be potential target audience and this might be indications where the yet open opportunities are. if not for morphos then maybe for others.

Any new opportunities to expand the awareness of Amiga & NG systems is always a good thing and should be taken advantage of in any way possible.  Most MorphOS users and Developers have refrained from promoting MorphOS to the Mac community in past years, because they realized that there were still too many things missing, or too many applications that were too far behind the Mac alternatives.  They did not want too much negative publicity, even though some people think that any publicity is better than nothing.

I think the progress on the OWB/Odyssey web browser over the last year or two has been one of the most important improvements in changing some users minds about promoting MorphOS to owners of old PPC Mac models.

As for Piru's benchmarks, most of the time I saw them presented as rebuttals to other people posting inaccurate information or claims about MorphOS, specially when comparing it to other platforms.  But then my perception of Piru's posts are most likely skewed by my preference for using MorphOS as my favorite AmigaNG platform (even though I also own, use and like my X1000 running AmigaOS4.1.6).:)
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)