Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Macworld: Turn your G4-era Mac into a next-gen Amiga  (Read 17083 times)

Description:

Offline itix

• Show all replies
Re: Macworld: Turn your G4-era Mac into a next-gen Amiga
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »
Was the article slightly updated or is it just me?
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:37 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;767091
amiga-news.de is reporting that a German tech site has also picked up on G4 Macs for MorphOS. Seems to be pretty a pretty lively discussion going on over there, but I can't understand much of it :)

I read it with translator (my German is not good enough) and it seems it sparkled quite some interest there. It is good to have an outsider reviews. Those written by Amiga users are often very forgiving...

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;767258

it looks like in the outside world no ng solution can beat the genuine amiga till this day, no matter how much you would argue with people. vox populi vox dei. guess, it is some food for thought, especially for those who want to reach the wider audience with their solution of choice.

But there is no solution to this problem. Those who are complaining high price and lack of software are right. You can get Linux for free and it has all imaginable software. And it is not Amiga 500 compatible so no win there either. Amig 500 is always Amiga 500 and no amount of development to new Amigas can change that.

We just have to give up unrealistic dreams for Amiga (in any form) making it big. Not even small.

Offline itix

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;767264
probably not. and im not saying morphos is in vain or should now reconsider the course. still reding the comments directed towards morphos i accidentaly kind of got reassured that anything closer aligned with the genuine system (be it some new software or fpga hardware) would probably gain a warmer welcome, less bait and less doubt.

What you mean is some kind of Amiga 3200. 68k compatible, OCS/AGA compatible system with modernized operating system.