Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?  (Read 49929 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Ease off bashing AmigaONE X1000?
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 26, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;742528
it has promise, Nik.
But consider how many Linux distros have withered up and gone away.

True, but when Hyperion finally run out of cows to milk and the money dries up and the MOS-Team get bored/die from old age the code to AROS will still be there for anyone to hack away at and compile.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;742544
You mean just waiting till all competition has died? Would be a little too long for my taste :-). I hope that with progress of AROS at least some people of the community will be persuaded to use it. And then there are much more people outside...

I personally don't think Hyperion will last more than another couple of years at most, but I'm only guessing.

AROS and MorphOS teams already cooperate and I can't see why that should stop anytime soon.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;742570
Actually its more like "bashing Bill and Ben". I still like Trevor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE ;)

Trevor seems to me to be a thoroughly nice and genuinely honest man.  I think it's just a shame for him (and us users) that he threw his hat into the ring with those two shysters.

edit:

ps Check your email please Jim. :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »
Quote from: James2002;743238
If I had a computer that I could learn programming I would. The windows xp computer died.

You learn to code on any computer.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
Quote from: dammy;744011
It's always about money.  With the money, you can do anything including breaking from the past as Apple did when it jumped to PPC and then to X86.  Without it, you stuck in quicksand, sinking as the rest of the world moves forward.

Yes, Hyperion landscape is littered with tactical mistakes that have come back to bite them.  Perhaps they will be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat at AmiWest as the clock ticks toward them becoming irrelevant.

I can hardly wait to see what surprises they have in store for us at Amiwest this year.  ssolie just teases us too much!

Offline nicholas

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 08:55:57 PM »
Quote from: rayt;744034
Angry Germans? Where do you think Ralph Schmidt, Frank Mariak, Stefan Stuntz, Phase5, bPlan, and therefore MorhphOS originated from? Anyway, who cares about such things nowadays.

I'd call them the cream of the crop of 1990's Amiga software and hardware development talent.

Please remind me who Ben's team are again?

Offline nicholas

Re: Ease off bashing Amiga x1000?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 08:58:29 PM »
Quote from: rayt;744034
Angry Germans? Where do you think Ralph Schmidt, Frank Mariak, Stefan Stuntz, Phase5, bPlan, and therefore MorhphOS originated from?

I'd call them the cream of the crop of 1990's Amiga software and hardware development talent.

Please remind me who Ben's team are again?

Anyway, who cares about such things nowadays.

Obviously you do.