Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building A Website  (Read 18038 times)

Description:

Offline djrikki

• Show all replies
Re: Building A Website
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
If I wanted to develop a website using Amiga, and particularly AmigaOS4+ I'd use AAMP with PhpMyAdmin installed, Codebench (looking forward to the HTML/CSS/PHP/FTP functionality!) and AmiFTP.

Suppose MorphOS users can use Scribble and an FTP client, not sure an AMP stack is available yet for MorphOS - feel free to correct me as my knowledge of MorphOS is next to non-existent.

Ofc lets not forget you could use a CMS-instead e.g. Drupal, WordPress and Joomla to name, but a few.  Drupal and WordPress are great in both a local install (yes I've tried them) and remote side - just a little on the slow side- especially WordPress.

Personally, I must admit I do use Dreamweaver, however I completely ignore the WYSIWYG side of it - I use a separate commercial product instead for building CSS.  Dreamweaver is useful for a) syntax highlighting and b) the help-as-you-type functionality.  From time-to-time I like to fallback to TextWrangler and Cyberduck as they are no-where near as resource-heavy.

RE: Table usage.  Another reason to avoid tables is for SEO reasons, Google in particular.

http://www.lakemarketingandevents.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:08:01 PM by djrikki »