Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who wants to play help red figure out the jumpers?  (Read 15906 times)

Description:

Offline lutiana

• Show all replies
Re: Who wants to play help red figure out the jumpers?
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it appears that some people here have the manual for this SBC, which I desperately need myself. I picked up this exact SBC a few weeks ago and I am interested in working out how to get it working and what the various options on the board do.

Offline lutiana

• Show all replies
Re: Who wants to play help red figure out the jumpers?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;828656
Good luck with it.
If you figure out the voltage settings, and the multiplier settings, you might want to experiment and see if it can handle a K6-2 cpu.
Setting a K6-2's multiplier to 2X, gives it a 6X multiplier, so that when set to a 66 MHz bus speed, you get 400 MHz operation.
Which is about twice what that board will do with a Pentium, AND the K6-2 is faster clock for clock than the Pentium.
It probably can't support a K6-2+ or K6-III (as they have on chip cache), and they really benefit boards that can be jumpered for higher bus speeds anyway (75, 83, or 100 MHz).

Well mine came with a P-233 MMX chip, and I assume it's configured for that chip. I do have a K6-2 450 which I could try to use on the thing.

Mostly I want the manual to work out how to power the thing outside of a backplane and I do not have a backplane. There is a power header on the board and I am interested to know if that could be used to power it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:29:42 PM by lutiana »