Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ECS output?  (Read 855 times)

Description:

Offline psxphill

Re: ECS output?
« on: September 29, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;796563
Thinking about an up-scaler for the games machine. What is the video output of ECS after it goes thru a SD/FF?

A scan doubler is an upscaler, are you planning on using two?

Offline psxphill

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:12:36 PM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;796599
One of the ones I was looking at but if you dig into the specs most of them will only go down to 480x640@60Hz input.

Starting from scratch I would get an Amiga 23 pin video & stereo RCA jacks to RGB SCART cable and a RGB SCART to HDMI upscaler.

Offline psxphill

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;796670
That may be the way to go, Some have RGB RCA inputs!
I asume no FF/SD would be needed at that point.

A SCART to HDMI converter should be able to take audio from the scart cable. The Amiga to SCART should have audio as well. To me it would seem logical to go with the simplest option.

You wouldn't need a FF/SD if you went for this. If you wanted to be able to use dblscan from workbench then you might have to find a SCART to HDMI that will do that. However if you just want to play games then that won't ever affect you. A graphics card will also not help you with games as they are an additional output (unless they also have an optional or built in flicker fixer that merges the amiga video in to the graphics card output). If you want a graphics card then get one, if you just want to play games that boot from floppy then it's a waste of money.

By mentioning graphics cards it sounds like you have an A2000, which is also a bit of a waste if you're just going to be playing floppy based games. An A500 is probably better (or an A500+ configured to allow the trapdoor to be mapped to c00000).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:06:19 AM by psxphill »