Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigamaniac  (Read 29594 times)

Description:

Offline HavieTopic starter

• Show all replies
Amigamaniac
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
Just to say that I received my PSX to DB9 cables the other day and they are brilliant. Very well built (very professional) and work a treat. Can recommend that anyone playing games on their Amiga get one or two. The have solved the most frustrating Amiga gaming problem ever - Nova bombs in Battle Squadron (no more random and frantic rotation of the stick just press a button and 'booooom').

Up for jump -pah, I clone a button.

Straff in Gloom - brilliant.

No more paying over the odds for a dodgy CD32 controller- just use a PS1/2 controller and pop it in CD32 mode!

Also, had lots of good communication with Nathan who seems to be snowed under with loads of orders. He's a good guy, if you're waiting for something, just give him a chance and it will come.

And finally, remember, without people like Amigamaniac, our Amiga experiences will be less rich and pleasurable.

• Show all replies
Re: Amigamaniac
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;710232
Strafe in GLoom?!? I wonder if mine does that. I got mine off the guy who originally designed these a while before Maniac carried them. How'd you set it up?

If your adaptor can be set to CD32 mode then you can select the option to use a CD32 controller. Link to manual below:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamesdbase.com%2FMedia%2FSYSTEM%2FCommodore_Amiga_CD32%2F%2FManual%2Fformated%2FGloom_-_1995_-_Guildhall_Leisure_Services.pdf&ei=lu-GUP3fMuiq0QXHpIDIAw&usg=AFQjCNFqfQxLTiDcMKffN66kEZayNtkj8g&sig2=3ycQkMMbg6eGl90H5JzZ8g

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
It's sad that things aren't working out with Nathan.  As I said before, he wasn't particularly quick (had a few months wait) but he did deliver and I had decent communication within him and the item is great.

I wish there was something more we could do to get these problems sorted as he is/was a major supporter of the ever shrinking market.  BUT I would be more than unhappy if I had ordered and paid for something that I hadn't recieved - one man band or not!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
I'm glad Nathan is back.  I love my PSX adaptors he made for me and they work so well!!!