Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????  (Read 11110 times)

Description:

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
Re: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????
« on: February 28, 2004, 11:22:53 PM »
Well, at least now we know what happened to Garry Hare :-)

I wonder if he was a Genesi employee at the time he was passing out those business cards...

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 11:44:09 PM »
This is Christian Kemp's view on the announcement (taken from MooBunny):

I'm considering it as a hoax, too. And not a good one at that, which is why I deleted it maybe five times in ANN's unmoderated queue today (probably submitted by the same person each time - I could look up IP addresses, but I don't think it's worth the trouble).

Given the amount of disinformation that's been going around lately, unless I see an actual press release I'm not believing anything.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 04:13:22 AM »
No, I was just pondering the possibility that he was working for Genesi and only claiming to have deposed Bill McEwen.  I remember Bill Buck making a big deal of it at the time, saying how it was "old news" and he thought everyone knew about it.  All this, of course, at a time when McEwen was keeping out of sight because of an alleged threat to his family.  It would have been an easy thing to hire someone to pass fake business cards around, and create rumours that could later be exploited.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 04:20:50 AM »
The tone is terrible and the phrasing is awkward - obviously not written by a real company, probably by someone who doesn't speak English very well. Shouldn't there be a few quotation marks in there?

Never mind that - where's a link to the source?  without that, it's completely unverifiable.  I mean, I can do it too.  Watch:

Feb 24, 2004: Cape Kennedy, Florida.  NASA officials have today discovered that the moon is indeed made of green cheese.  "We were completely stunned about it, but the evidence is there.  We had all these moon rocks for the longest time, and no-one had though of breaking one open," said Mike McGregor, one of the scientists involved in the discovery.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 08:28:45 AM »
Oh, OK.  So much for that particular conspiracy theory then :-)

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:05:45 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 04:12:46 AM »
@T_Bone:

Fair enough, but that theory sidesteps one important question: where did Amiga, Inc get the money to pay its lawyers?  If KMOS was just a PO Box somewhere, AInc would still only have $100 in the bank (minus whatever the PO Box cost :-P)

Unless lawyers are a lot cheaper now than they were just a few months ago, the theory that KMOS is a fabrication by Bill&Fleecy doesn't look too solid.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 04:15:41 AM »
@Hammer:

Hyperion’s claims of *bankruptcy proof* agreement (in relation to Amiga Inc) may indicate that.

More likely they knew that AmigaOS was in the process of being sold (since it affected them via the "buyback clause"), so they knew that regardless of what Bill Buck got, AmigaOS was not going to be part of it.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 08:02:21 AM »
@T_Bone:

I guess it could be that too.  As to the investors and Amiga Inc, it could well be that the last time Amiga Inc asked for more money, the investors agreed only under the condition that Amiga Inc got rid of AmigaOS.  Amiga Inc sells the OS, uses the money to settle their debts and in exchange the VCs pay the lawyers for this last round of litigation and resume "normal" funding, knowing that all the money spent will benefit the DE.  The only info I have to back this up is what's been posted on the net so far (ie not a whole lot), but that's the theory that makes the most sense to me given the info we do have.