Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????  (Read 11112 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
Re: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????
« Reply #89 from previous page: March 17, 2004, 09:38:08 PM »
I'd like to see a purple Amiga future :-)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2004, 09:44:05 PM »
Bruised?

Apt.

:cry:

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2004, 10:39:55 PM »
Would it have made sense to sell the rights (to Amiga's only asset)

technically the DE is also an asset, and they have held onto that one.

actually, if I was a betting man...oh heck I am a betting man....

OK, I officially (official in my capacity as sovereign of the marktime kingdom)...DENOUNCE the idea that KMOS is a holding company for Amiga, Inc.

You see I don't like Amiga, Inc. either, but they never made a mistake, in their way of thinking.   If KMOS was a shell company for Amiga, Inc.,t hen you better believe AmigaDE would have gone with it.

Amiga, Inc. probably still wants to go forward with AmigaDE, although, I still don't have a clue how they would do that...the only thing is, I no longer care.

Now, I'm only concerned about kmos.  If we are to believe they really acquired this thing last year, then their silence shows they don't really give a hoot about their user base.

And that is bad, very bad.  Because if they don't care about this user base, regardless, of the reason, then they don't have anyone to sell a product too.

As much as they might like to jettision the wacko's, we are all, mostly wacko's with pocketbooks who were willing to invest in amiga hardware.  So now who are they going to sell to?

Maybe they want to sell to Librarians and Sunday School teacher's, but they just aren't in the market for $800 powerpc motherboards....tooooo baaaad.

Offline choochy

• Show only replies by choochy
    • http://www.amigashare.com
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2004, 10:44:51 PM »
It seems funny to me how this is the only business card of Garry Hare that is in existence. I have heard of no other person claiming they have a copy of his business card!

So my question to you then is why he would get business cards printed and potentially only give out 1!
Chris J Nillissen
AmigaShare Team Member
www.amigashare.com

Offline IonDeluxe

• Show only replies by IonDeluxe
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2004, 11:29:01 PM »
The letter evidence in and of itself is not that big a thing, the main point around it is that BBRV submitted the letter knowing it was false, and even if he did not know, he purposely kept the court in the dark about it when it was proven to be false.
This is why they went on about the osts on the forums so much.
It shows hard indisputeable fact that BBRV purposely submitted false evidence at worst, used it as fact to further his case in full knowledge he was misleading the court.

Amiga Inc's reply has ben solely about showing that BBRV was never acting "in good faith" and that he always had ulterior motives in attempting to gain more than was intended by the contract.

I\\\'d post something satirical, but I\\\'m afraid it might get used as genuine evidence in the Thendic Amiga trial!

Offline Colin_Camper

• Show only replies by Colin_Camper
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2004, 11:54:18 PM »
 this belief that the business card is a photoshop fake instead of a scan is just silly, period.

Well I think I was the one who coined the term 'photoshop fake' and I must admit having seen the 3meg version it does look a LOT different to the 250x150 approx version.

When I first saw the 3meg one (thanks to Piru) my first thought was it was real - however when I looked closely the left hand logo showed magnification artifacts yet the left hand text showed none at all. This is odd because if you were making business cards you would offer the printers a much LARGER logo image.

Wayne may have acted in good faith but he may have been mislead - did he actually SEE with his own eyes Garry Hare give the card to bbrv?

When all is said and done (and I have participated in this great entertainment myself!) the worst thing I noticed were the pube like hairs embedded on the surface of the card. Surely Bill Buck did not carry the card down THERE for safekeeping? Euuwww! :-o
Colin Camper CCNP MCSE P45 UB40
A4000D

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2004, 02:22:01 AM »

choochy wrote:
It seems funny to me how this is the only business card of Garry Hare that is in existence. I have heard of no other person claiming they have a copy of his business card!

So my question to you then is why he would get business cards printed and potentially only give out 1!

If you search Ann.lu, there are at least 5 people who've recieved them at shows, and even more who've seen them second-hand. Garry Hare was pretty active going to these tradeshows.
this space for rent

Offline T_Bone

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2004, 02:24:25 AM »

pixie wrote:
I also find it hilarious that, in the court documents, it says that KMOS owns the rights to source including 3.9 when Amiga Inc didn't even have the source to give to Hyperion.

Well... AFAIK the IP belongs to Amiga Inc., AFAIK H&P owes royalties to Amiga Inc...

From what I understand, H&P own the code, and had a "buy back" clause that would let Amiga inc buy back the code, and H&P claim that Amiga Inc failed to buy it back.
this space for rent

Offline T_Bone

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2004, 02:28:55 AM »

Magic-Merl wrote:
Is it possible that KMOS is Amiga Inc.

I know nothing about these things so just let me rant for a second.

Where there any predators who stood to benifit from the demise of Amiga Inc?

Would it have made sense to sell the rights (to Amiga's only asset) to a small holding set-up by Amiga Inc themselves.

While we are all tossing around conspiracy theories, would this one hold any water?

Actually, I believe that's exactly what happened. Itec/KMOS IMO are simply shells being used by those in power at Amiga Inc to hide assets from predators.
this space for rent

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2004, 02:41:21 AM »
Is it possible that KMOS is Amiga Inc.

Hyperion’s claims of *bankruptcy proof* agreement (in relation to Amiga Inc) may indicate that.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2004, 04:12:46 AM »
@T_Bone:

Fair enough, but that theory sidesteps one important question: where did Amiga, Inc get the money to pay its lawyers?  If KMOS was just a PO Box somewhere, AInc would still only have $100 in the bank (minus whatever the PO Box cost :-P)

Unless lawyers are a lot cheaper now than they were just a few months ago, the theory that KMOS is a fabrication by Bill&Fleecy doesn't look too solid.

Offline CodeSmith

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2004, 04:15:41 AM »
@Hammer:

Hyperion’s claims of *bankruptcy proof* agreement (in relation to Amiga Inc) may indicate that.

More likely they knew that AmigaOS was in the process of being sold (since it affected them via the "buyback clause"), so they knew that regardless of what Bill Buck got, AmigaOS was not going to be part of it.

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2004, 04:22:47 AM »
@CodeSmith,
Now Thats a logical argument that I can't put aside. Makes too much sense.
Iv'e got beer and beef jerky for this one. Standby for more of "As the Amiga Turns"

Chris

Offline T_Bone

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:43 AM »

CodeSmith wrote:
@T_Bone:

Fair enough, but that theory sidesteps one important question: where did Amiga, Inc get the money to pay its lawyers?  If KMOS was just a PO Box somewhere, AInc would still only have $100 in the bank (minus whatever the PO Box cost :-P)

Unless lawyers are a lot cheaper now than they were just a few months ago, the theory that KMOS is a fabrication by Bill&Fleecy doesn't look too solid.

Not a fabrication "by" Bill and Fleecy, a fabrication "including" Bill and Fleecy. Obviously the investors are involved, given Garry Hare's involvement (remember Fleecy saying Garry was originally involved by the request of the investors?) and most likely the investors fronted the legal fees.
... however the investors havent sunk any more money into Amiga inc as then it would have to be used to pay past judgements first, as the court has ordered.

this space for rent

Offline Kaminari

• Show only replies by Kaminari
    • http://namida.com/kaminarimon/
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2004, 05:35:31 AM »

sdesros wrote:

I'm 99.9% sure it's a hoax. Actually, come to think about it... I'm 100% sure it's a hoax. :P

Hehe. Hoax, fake truth, semi-lies...

Good job, Amiga Inc. Now we know in which company Dilbert has been working all those years!
"Silence is the most resounding word." (Sima Qian)

Offline choochy

• Show only replies by choochy
    • http://www.amigashare.com
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2004, 06:43:15 AM »

T_Bone wrote:

choochy wrote:

If you search Ann.lu, there are at least 5 people who've recieved them at shows, and even more who've seen them second-hand. Garry Hare was pretty active going to these tradeshows.

Well I stand corrected!
Chris J Nillissen
AmigaShare Team Member
www.amigashare.com