Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????  (Read 11122 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: Gary Hare , KMOS and OS4 ????
« Reply #74 from previous page: March 16, 2004, 04:27:05 PM »

restore2003 wrote:
That "Eva" person on ann.lu really is annoying  :lol: She`s only making a fool out of herself, and really ruins it for the rest of the blues :-)

Im avoiding that place, never going to post something there, the tension is too high  :-o

Yeah, like the "reds" Amon_Re. :-( People who's only contributions to discussions are senseless vomiting as soon as a chance opens are good to noone. They only drag things down (BTW, AFAIK, Eva is a "he").

However, ann.lu is quite a fun place IMO. There you will find the action that other sites miss (no offence amiga.org ;-)). The anonymous posting options, as well as the liberal moderation, is its weakness, but it's also its strength IMO! :-)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2004, 04:30:11 PM »

Rassilon wrote:
Not trying to be offensive, but you would have to be blind to believe that THAT picture of the business card is real.

In THAT picture there are clearly a number of defects, including:

The shine on the boing ball, does not fit with the lack of shine on the rest of the card.

The AA on the Amiga logo does not fit with the crisp reproduction of the rest of the text.

As far as I can tell, THAT photo is a fake.

Now if there are other photos, they may prove otherwise but all the evidence on that one is damning!!

Rasillion,

Just so you know the facts.  Wayne Hunt scanned that business card, I physically saw it, the entire NASAU user group (the founders of this site) saw it, lots of other people saw this one, or the others that were handed out by Garry, this belief that the business card is a photoshop fake instead of a scan is just silly, period.
     -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2004, 04:30:30 PM »

restore2003 wrote:
@takemehomegrandma: (must be one of the silliest names ever  :-P) No offence  ;-)

Im curious, why do you bother? Whats in it for you to play detective?

I'm certainly not trying to play detective. :-)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline mjg59

• Show only replies by mjg59
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2004, 04:30:53 PM »

why does the card say garry?

That's his name. Check his declaration in the court case. The card may be fake, but it's not an obvious fake - the Amiga logo is probably produced from a pre-scaled bitmap. On the high-res image, compare the amount of anti-aliasing on the ball and the text. The first is obviously artifactual from the printing, whereas the second is plainly a bitmap that was produced for some other purpose. The rest of the text isn't typed directly onto the picture (notice how it's rubbed off in places, and matches some imperfections in the surface of the card), and it's at the same angle as the top edge of the card.

Offline IonDeluxe

• Show only replies by IonDeluxe
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2004, 04:43:59 PM »
bah the card again.
I dont know of anyone who saw such a card passed out.
I dont know any third party that positively identified Gary Hare as the person who did.

In any case BBRV claimed he "knew" weeks in advance of this that he was CEO so the point is moot anyway.

Then he claims credit for pushing Bill McEwen out of Amiga Inc.!

And then he bring a suite against Amiga Inc, now in control of his good frien Gary Hare whislt touting about having a spirit of cooperation!

That card must be one of the most valueable pieces of bodily waste around.

I\\\'d post something satirical, but I\\\'m afraid it might get used as genuine evidence in the Thendic Amiga trial!

Offline Madgun68

• Show only replies by Madgun68
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2004, 05:39:28 PM »
Anyway, for him to have seen the e-mail, he would have read the thread with all the "this is probably a hoax" messages.

And he didn't exactly contact Fleecy to get confirmation that it was him that posted it either.

So he knewingly, and willingly, submitted something he didn't know the authenticity of, as evidence. Most likely he knew it was forged. Of course, he wasn't betting on Amiga Inc. suddenly being able to disprove this. Looks like Amiga Inc. got a good poker hand at last!
So what if people believed it was a hoax. People frothed at the mouth and called Wayne many things when he predicted that AOS4 wouldn't be released in 2003. People can be wrong. It proves nothing. And would it really have mattered if Bill Buck contacted Amiga Inc for clarification on the letter, when both parties were hostile towards one another?

In my opinion, it the letter doesn't really have much impact for either side anyway. It doesn't do much for bPlan other than say that they (A Inc) were going to lock bPlan to an older product. Amiga Inc's claim that 100s of people thought it was a hoax is false because there were only a 100 posts, a good number of them from repeat posters.

Which didn't happen. So it is irrelevant.
Personally, I don't see a big tie in here that'll allow what Mr. Buck wants, but how AmigaDE and AmigaOS were presented at the time of the license is much more important than how things turned out. Court cases revolve around past events, not current ones.

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2004, 05:53:25 PM »
I agree Madgun, I think the evidence Amiga presented is underwhelming.

I think if they believed the Fleecy letter was central to the judge's decision, then they needed to cast doubt on its authenticity.  However, their own evidence shows that some people thought it was real, and it was, according to them, manufactured by Cheesegrate, not bbrv.  So bbrv was hardly alone in thinking it was real, and he certainly didn't manufacture it himself.  In that sense, they have no case for fraud (indeed they haven't filed such a charge)...they just wish to cast doubt on its credibility.

Whether that piece of evidence is central to the case, or not, I don't know...

sitting behind my computer screen, I don't know anything.  I don't know, beyond a doubt, that Fleecy Moss and Cheesegrate aren't the same person, or that Cheesegrate is credible at saying he fabricated the hoax.  

For all I know, that is the lie, and Fleecy did write the original letter.

From my perspective, I don't know anything, I never said otherwise.

Offline Madgun68

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2004, 06:15:22 PM »
@MarkTime

It certainly does get interesting though. I'm really interested to find out if the sale of AOS ip really happened as they claim. If the information they submitted is false, it could be just the evidence needed to open up the flood gates and give Bill Buck exactly what he wants.

Honestly, if television producers ever wanted to target a soap opera at the geek community, "As the Amiga turns" has more than enough to satisfy all.  :lol:

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show only replies by Magic-Merl
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2004, 06:24:45 PM »
Is it possible that KMOS is Amiga Inc.

I know nothing about these things so just let me rant for a second.

Where there any predators who stood to benifit from the demise of Amiga Inc?

Would it have made sense to sell the rights (to Amiga's only asset) to a small holding set-up by Amiga Inc themselves.

While we are all tossing around conspiracy theories, would this one hold any water?

Offline Madgun68

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2004, 06:31:52 PM »
While we are all tossing around conspiracy theories, would this one hold any water?
Yeah, it's possible. Then again, same problem.. If the court found out, it'd likely give the claims by Bill Buck more merit, which would only hurt them in the long run.

Offline restore2003

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2004, 07:33:46 PM »
tell me, why would anyone be THAT stupid  :lol:
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2004, 09:06:22 PM »
I'm not anti-red or anti-blue (or anything except slightly pro-AROS ;-)) but I'm still not convinced by that card. I mean... it's so crappy! But, whatever... I haven't been keeping up with all the soap-operatics, but you guys can argue some more if that's what makes you happy...

I couldn't give a {bleep} anymore. :-)

Offline PhatBoiCollier

• Show only replies by PhatBoiCollier
    • http://www.tirinoarim.co.uk
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2004, 11:59:44 AM »
> by Methuselas on 2004/3/16 10:49:22
> Um Phat....
> That's a guy. Final Fantasy 10, Mate?

What!?!  *Cringe*  

(Reaches for glasses)

I could have sworn that was the woman from the John Frieda "Sheer Blonde" TV ads..

www.tirinoarim.co.uk\sheer.jpg
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary and those that dont.

Offline pixie

• Show only replies by pixie
    • http://savoc.tripod.com
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2004, 07:25:54 PM »
I also find it hilarious that, in the court documents, it says that KMOS owns the rights to source including 3.9 when Amiga Inc didn't even have the source to give to Hyperion.

Well... AFAIK the IP belongs to Amiga Inc., AFAIK H&P owes royalties to Amiga Inc...

pixie- writing from a paradise called Portugal

Offline pixie

• Show only replies by pixie
    • http://savoc.tripod.com
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2004, 07:29:25 PM »
Is it possible that KMOS is Amiga Inc.

Is it possible that Amiga Inc. is Gateway.
Who knows...

pixie- writing from a paradise called Portugal

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2004, 09:38:08 PM »
I'd like to see a purple Amiga future :-)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'