Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Alternative" platforms as primary computers  (Read 5233 times)

Description:

Offline Amiduffer

• Show all replies
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
Re: "Alternative" platforms as primary computers
« on: September 14, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »

LoadWB wrote:
So I told you all of that to ask you this: when did you acquire your first Windows or Mac to become your primary computer, or do you still use Amiga (or other "retro"/"classic"/"alternative" computer) primarily?

I don't know if I would call it primary. I'm at the office a lot, and PC's are it, besides a few Mac laptops people personally own. So I tend to use them a lot. Personally, Amiga's are all I have personally owned, although I don't seem to do too much, draw, 3D, a few games, scan stuff. A cheap IBM laptop was bought one year ago and until the sound system died and now the network PCMCIA card has crapped out, was my main internet PC along with older PC games, but now shoved in a corner, and the little time I have at night, if I'm not reading is spent on Amiga.

Interestingly, a future class my friend and I plan to give, I'm planning to use my A3000 and Scalla hooked up to the office projector to give my presentation, which will be on Matthew Carey and the early 19th century in America.

Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.