Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a place to find what my amiga stuff is worth.  (Read 1847 times)

Description:

a place to find what my amiga stuff is worth.
« on: May 10, 2006, 05:44:18 AM »
since i am new as beans, i was wondering if there is a rareity list or a price list anywhere. i have some stuff up for sale and have no idea what a fair asking price will be.
any points or ideas will be mucho appreciated!
thanks for everyones help! :crazy:

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
Re: a place to find what my amiga stuff is worth.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:06 AM »
"rareity list or a price list" smells like a kartell. ;-)

Just think of it like this, how fair is it realy to ask for anything other than pocket change for 5-10-15-20 year old hardware? :-D

Nah, the only thing closest to what you're looking for is to go scout on Ebay and look at some of those prices... best is to find several auctions of the same thing and then cut the high and low of the auctions out as ebay sometimes get all weird. ;-)

For rarity there's no real answerr... if you look at ebay everything is rare no matter if it's still massproduced. Best thing is to just put it all in a list on a forum and ask and you'll probably get an answerr with a good indication of what it's is/worth.

I on the other hand doens't do much of the above, I see what I've given for it, what it have given me, what I think it's worth and then sell it and am happy with that... even if ppl sometimes thing I have a crasy low pricetag on things. :roll:

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 06:25:19 AM »
thanks for the info!
ive also noticed that almost all amiga gams on ebay are labeled as "rare", but that has always seemed to give me a impression that it may just be the ebayer trying to up his sales. (this drives me crazy! i also see the atrai 2600 e.t. cart labeled as rare, and some asking prices are out of this world (excellent game, out of this world is)! e.t. was a huge flop and they had a huge overstock. its rummored that when atari went tail up they had so many carts that they had to drop so low to bury the overstock in a desert in nevada!

back to the question at hand:

like ive mentioned before i purchased a huge estate lot for a fairly low price so i see no reson why i cant cut some slack on price for all the amiga freaks on the forum here! :-P

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 06:58:11 AM »
I always laugh when I see the 'Rare Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt for NES' selling for $0.49 (it has to be the most numerous NES cart produced but people still call it rare on eBay).

The best way to see the value is to look at eBay's completed auctions and order them by final bid value - the games that have sold for the highest prices are generally the rarest.  Things like Radiant Silvergun on Sega Saturn (regularly sells for over $200, Panzer Dragoon Saga also on Sega Saturn, Wild Gunman on NES (one just sold for $550).

I cannot think of any Amiga games that fetch these high prices though.  Even though the Amiga game may be rarer (especially the later Amiga games post-1997, as they were often only selling a few hundred copies) the demand isn't there to push up the prices.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »
once again thanks for the info bro!
we cant forget about the uber rareatari 2600 pacman!

the ebay idea does seem to be the most logical so i will be takeing that route.

hella thanks!

Offline foleyjo

• Show only replies by foleyjo
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »
I wonder if anyones thought about digging up the ETs and selling them on Ebay.

The problem with looking on Ebay for finding out how much a game is worth is that the prices can change dramatically in a week.
Someone puts a game on that hasnt been seen for a few months and gets near £100 for it. Then suddenly theres loads of auctions for the same game that go for £10

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 12:38:31 PM »
It is pretty simple, charge what you think you want for them and the value will be based on what someone is willing to pay.  Good luck!
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:44:03 PM »
if you want max money just put it up on ebay.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »

foleyjo wrote:
I wonder if anyones thought about digging up the ETs and selling them on Ebay.

The whole story about burying carts in the desert was just a myth - there's an interview with the programmer of Atari 2600 ET  here where he talks about it (near the end of the interview).

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 07:59:28 PM »

Lando wrote:

The whole story about burying carts in the desert was just a myth - there's an interview with the programmer of Atari 2600 ET  here where he talks about it (near the end of the interview).

Not a myth.

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9901E4DA1F38F93BA1575AC0A965948260
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Legerdemain

• Show only replies by Legerdemain
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 08:07:59 PM »
The best way to see the value is to look at eBay's completed auctions and order them by final bid value - the games that have sold for the highest prices are generally the rarest. Things like Radiant Silvergun on Sega Saturn (regularly sells for over $200, Panzer Dragoon Saga also on Sega Saturn, Wild Gunman on NES (one just sold for $550).

Wild Gunman?

The highest buynow at the moment seems to be $14.95... I've never heard of its rarity before. I sold one copy not too long ago for $4. And I've never seen a copy go for more than (here in Sweden) like $8. Not always complete, and in mint condition, but anyways.

But, in all honesty, eBay (and other online auction sites) are really only good to look at if one bothers about one can get for a specific item. It is only one isolated part of the entire market, and I would never consider paying more than a couple of dollars (if even that) for a game like Wild Gunman (if I only bother about the cartrigde and not the box and manual).

In the case of Radiant Silvergun, the game IS very rare and it is really hard to obtain by other means than eBay, in those cases eBay is pretty much the market for the game and the price is rather valid. Even if one would go to Japan and search all the stores there the price would be REALLY high, and the game would also be a rather scarce find. That is not the case with Azel (Panzer Dragoon Saga) which would be something like €40 in Japan. I also think that Panzer Dragoon Saga were released in higher quantities in Europe than in the US (I might be wrong here), so it would thus be cheaper to buy the European version and run it on a modded Saturn in the US.

Blizzard 1230's sells on some auction sites in Sweden for, like, €150 (often by people that have bought the card on eBay or other abroad auction sites just to make some quick cash). Which is insane pricing (according to me). I would say that what I find a reasonable price for a Blizzard 1230 would be something like €50 - €70. Buying from other sources than eBay (and the like) most certainly makes the price one has to pay drop rather drastically.

I've even seen an external diskdrive for the Amiga go for something like €150 on eBay once. What are people thinking, really?

I sometimes really hate online auctions, and the sites they are hosted on. But, in most cases, I love them.
Amiga 1200, Mirage Tower, PC-Key 1200, Blizzard 1260/50, SCSI Kit, 256MB RAM, 40GB HD, Mediator SX, Soundblaster 128, Voodoo 3 and Realtek 8139.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 08:22:26 PM »
You should rather post a list of what you have for sale, as i think it will be easier to figure an estimate of what you can sell it for then.