Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need help with my Amiga 4000  (Read 1504 times)

Description:

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
Re: Need help with my Amiga 4000
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 03, 2005, 12:50:37 PM »

PhilMoore wrote:

I have been googling and looking on ebay for 3.1 roms.  Haven’t found any yet…

Vesalia in Germany (www.vesalia.de) still has 3.1 ROMs in stock, but they're 40€ (>50$).

I picked up my A3k ROMs a bit cheaper @eBay, but haven't seen any (A3k ones) for quite a while now. 1200s are still around @~20€.

Offline Abou27

• Show only replies by Abou27
    • http://www.renault-agriculture.co.uk/forums/
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 05:29:31 PM »
You could also try Power Computing in the UK (powerc.com). They do A4000 ROMs for £26 and the OS3.9 CD for £35.

Offline PhilMooreTopic starter

• Show only replies by PhilMoore
    • http://www.atvpix.com
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 12:18:42 AM »
Well, it has been 3 evenings and I still don't have a working CD rom.

I went digging through my junk and found a GVP SCSI +8 board with 6 megs on it.  I plugged it in, and connected a SCSI cdrom I robbed from a windows pc.  

The system loads scsidev.device with the board in there.   I have ASIM CDFS that I bought years ago, so I tried to use it.  The program, called SCSI Detect, would lock up when I would "scan" the scsidev.device.  

Now the BAD news.  After dinking around, if I install any board in any slot in the system, I get no video.  I can see the harddrive light blinking normally, like it does when the system is booting up.  I just have no display.  If I remove the card from the slot, it boots up normally.  I don't know what I did, but something is not right anymore.  I also tried a "Trump" scsi card with the same results.   The system appears to boot with no video.  I disconnected the SCSI CDROM drive power, just in case it was drawing down the power supply or something crazy.  Still no good.  I also checked to make sure the vertical "daughter ?" board with the slots on it is firmly seated.  It all looks ok...

Kinda bummin' here.
 :-(