Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: **Need Setup HELP** with Classic Amiga 2000 HARD DISK (Bridgeboard)  (Read 42028 times)

Offline wbrejnia

Re: **Need Setup HELP** with Classic Amiga 2000 HARD DISK (Bridgeboard)
« Reply #900 on: March 30, 2021, 07:08:11 AM »
Hey Pat,

This thread is actually handy.  For me as well.  I documented a lot of things/steps/configs/Plus Photos that I'd never find lost in my Hard Drive Archives, or in my past fading memories.

Not sure what you mean by "MY PRINTER".  Maybe a typo.

I probably said a dozen times I'd sell my A2000 when I finished playing with it.
Now would be a good time, before not many people on this planet around to enjoy it, or pay something for it.
Yet, I can't seem to let it go since it's special and  plenty of things I can do.

With my spending curtailed till I find a new gig, I dug up some Collectors Beatle Albums (Color Vinyls), and an heading to a LP store to sell them.  What I get $ for them I can spend for some frivous spending that Wife won't scold me for.
The LP's don't do much for me sitting in a box.  I have no interest to frame them for display either.
Amiga can alway be revived for some Retro Activities.

Take care.  I'll post once I have the DFO:/DF1 floppy switcher and finish all that's left to Hack on this Amiga.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #901 on: April 01, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »

Not sure what you mean by "MY PRINTER".  Maybe a typo.

Your Ender 3 3D printer.

Oh, one quirk of industrial CF cards and DOMs - they always register as fixed disk rather than removable to an IDE controller. That could be your issue with the Lowtech IDE. Also perphaps it's limited to drive size, being for older AT equipment?
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2021, 02:45:00 AM »
I haven't read the thread as I need my sleep but I was posting about my mouse and saw your bridgeboard reference in the thread title and was reflecting on the fact that I uncovered an AT Emulator Sandwich Board or BD made in West Germany in 1988 today. I do have the board it slots into so they can be reunited. This board has had so much work done to it. Tiny wires all over the place. Folk that struggled to get the boards working were very dedicated. How you work out what wire does what I wouldn't have a clue. It's a nice have I guess and good to hold in the hand. Don't think it'll ever find its way inside any of my 2000s. I never saw the point of the emulator to be honest. I have a 1060 on a 1000 which works but its dull as soup.

I'll catch up with your thread sometime when I get a spare week. Looks very popular. Keep it up.

Offline wbrejnia

« Reply #903 on: April 26, 2021, 06:16:17 AM »
Well I hope my thread isn't your sleep treatment.  LOL.

So if I understand correctly you have a AT Bridgeboard with the Sandwitch card.
https://bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=329

To me the 8088 Bridgeboard was just fun to get working.  The challenge (the journey) not a practical pupose.
The other Half the fun was getting the WD HD controller working with acient KaLock 35MB hard disk.

I still am hanging on to my Amiga to do a few more mods.  Things you can't do with modern Tablets, Phones that are Sealed made for More Practical Daily use.

BTW, I checked your Web Site.  Whoa!! do you have quite the collection.  Certainly brings back memories.
I feel guitly with my One Desk Loaded with A2000 Stuff.  NOt sure how you manage to keep so many items.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:30:33 AM by wbrejnia »