Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is there an EASY way to get a 2.5" IDE HD inside my A1000 yet?  (Read 1963 times)

Description:

Offline Amiga_NutTopic starter

• Show all replies
Is there an EASY way to get a 2.5" IDE HD inside my A1000 yet?
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:39:18 AM »
There used to be something called AdIDE that sat in the 68000 socket for any OCS Amiga, of course today that is as rare as rocking horse doodoo coated in powdered unicorn teeth. This is the last thing I haven't found for my Amiga over the decades...hell I even found the internal 24bit video card for A500/1000* etc called Avideo24 that sits in the Denise socket but probably won't try it on an Amiga 1000 as they are just too precious now....I'm like Golem and his bloody ring! :)

Do I have any options today?

The Amiga is so much nicer with a autobooting HD, even a tiny 40mb HDD back then was enough for me to have lots of my pixel art and samples for MOD tunes etc.

(may not work on A1000)*

Offline Amiga_NutTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Is there an EASY way to get a 2.5" IDE HD inside my A1000 yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:52:29 PM »
Thanks to everyone :)

I will have a look at those, to be clear I only need some sort of internal hard drive, it's just for when I am doing Digi-view stuff I want the machine to be running Workbench from hard disk not floppy drives. If there is an internal SD card etc type solution that also works that's fine.

I have almost all other Amiga machines ever sold all boxed etc inc A4000/040 maxed out machine for my Vlab card and other stuff I wanted (I don't like the price of the A3000 for an ECS machine these days lol but for some weird reason I have 3 CDTV Mutlimedia bundles including one that came in a box the size of an armchair).

Might as well start burning out all these motherboards before this stink virus kills me when it comes into contact with mem can't take it with you eh!