Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flower Pot released  (Read 13580 times)

Description:

Offline Nearly-Right

• Show all replies
Re: Flower Pot released
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
Is the system requirement information correct in that Flower Pot requires 8 GB of RAM to run it on a Windows XP SP3 system?

Many Windows XP SP3 systems were, like mine, based on P4 technology, and there was no option to have more than 2GB on such a 32-bit system, and in any case how much RAM should it need a PC to have to emulate 32MB? It's beyond me, in these days of technology, that modern hardware cannot emulate a retro system that had very low hardware overheads and yet a 'modern' PC has to have such fast quad-core, 8GB RAM in the hardware to be able to get the 'low-tech' superior system of the Amiga OS to function on a high-spec PC or Mac system. It's a mystery!

Also, I too use OWB on MorphOS, and the main AmiKit site is a 'blank' page, as for others, which as the site is for an emulation of Amiga, it might be good to have a more compatible main website page for more Amiga systems, as they are where many of the emulated OS users came from in the first place, aren't they?

I find it irritating that AmiKit is inaccessible for 'real' Amiga, even NG, systems, and I consider MorphOS to be one of those, as many others do too.

Offline Nearly-Right

• Show all replies
Re: Flower Pot released
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:25:14 AM »
That must be part of my point - if the NG Amigas were able to access a webpage that relates to the Amiga, as the documentation related to Flower Pot, has to be accessed by a web browser that is alien to the Amiga, it seems.

I saw information that stated 8GB is the threshold, but 4GB is still 2GB too much, as the most a P4 Win XP SP3 32-bit system can have on-board is 2GB in any case, so buying it to emulate a PPC based Amiga NG that might anyway, as a CyberStorm PPC A4000 system, only have 128MB system memory anyway, so it seems, at this point, to be of no interest to me, if that information is correct.