Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Problem with NewIcons and Visualprefs  (Read 2953 times)

Description:

Offline AkiraTopic starter

• Show all replies
Problem with NewIcons and Visualprefs
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
Well I refreshed my install on my A1200 (030@50, 32MB Fast, KS3.0,WB3.0, CF setup with SFS) and everything seems to be working fine except TWO things:

1 - Visualprefs hangs the system whenever a window is opened. Funny, I never got Visualprefs to run in my machine

2 - Newicons causes a strange problem. Whenever I change the resolution of my screen with Screenmode Prefs, Intuition closes the windows, workbench included of course, to make the change but it never opens them back. I have to reset the machine and, if I saved the changes, everything is fine, if not, I have to do it again.

I know the second problem has to do with NewIcons because if I disable it this does not happen.

Patches I have in the startup(in order of appearance):
- Setpatch
- Patchcontrol
- PatchOpenWB
- Fblit
- CAPrefs (ClassAct)
- NewIcons
- defIcons

- MultiCX (runs from WBStartup)

I tried deactivating all but still no bananas. newIcons is causing this problem and Visualprefs, well, no {bleep}ing idea, it is running FINE in my emulator setup, but NOT in the Amiga. Actually, this whole setup runs fine i the emu, without touching anything, but it's doing this strange thing in the Amiga.

OK, any ideas? I ran NewIcons before in my system without problems so something must be wrong now. Perhaps I have an old version ? I got Newicons46.

I can't remember if I had any other patches in my old config.

PS: could it be my version of Setpatch? I remember having some issues with this. I got the one that came in WB, I tried to load a new one from Aminet (SetPatch37) but it said it was older than the one I have.
/ akira_K

• Show all replies
Re: Problem with NewIcons and Visualprefs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
As I said, I already found that out, thanks :P

I don't have the old one, I have the 3.0 one.

What could be the problem?

I am getting fed up, an old problem that was not happening happens again: When I extract LHA files, the files always get I/O errors, and "skipping corrupt/extraneous data" errors. This even happens if I copy the LHA file to RAM: and extract onto RAM itself. The original files are not corrupted.
/ akira_K

• Show all replies
Re: Problem with NewIcons and Visualprefs
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:02:07 AM »
As I said in my original post, I tried this and that's how I narrowed teh problem to NewIcons and Visualprefs.

I don' care about Visualprefs but the Newicons problem is driving me crazy.

/ akira_K