Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Welcome to the A600GS forum  (Read 9065 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

Re: Welcome to the A600GS forum
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 11, 2024, 04:29:03 PM »
@utri007

Thanks for the questions.

We are working on a custom (optional) keyboard- this will follow after launch.   

AmiBench currently has pop up menus which are context sensitive.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline emeck

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 04:42:41 PM »
@amigakit
AmiBench in the A600GS already has some partitions set up:
You can boot direct into AmiBench instead of the games menu if you wish.
Good! Thanks

The following users thanked this post: Pyromania

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 08:40:41 PM »
Custom keyboard sounds cool, please show pics of it when ready.

Offline Amiga Forever

• Show only replies by Amiga Forever
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2024, 03:09:56 PM »
A600GS? That could be done 20 years ago and do you agree or disagree?

Look Nice Machine thought and good price  :)

Offline ernsteiswuerfel

• Show only replies by ernsteiswuerfel
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2024, 12:10:39 PM »
Probably my questions in the other thread got overlooked, so I dare to ask them again here.  ;)

I suppose A600GS currently runs Amiberry 5.6.x as underlying core. Will there be an upgrade path to Amiberry 6.x which is currently in development (available as preview)?

Which leads to the next question whether the A600GS hardware is capable of running Amiberry 6.x at full speed? Upstream says the 6.x branch needs reasonably more CPU resources compared to 5.x branch.

This is rather important as staying with Amiberry 5.x also means staying with an older WinUAE core.

Offline ernsteiswuerfel

• Show only replies by ernsteiswuerfel
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2024, 12:24:48 PM »
A600GS? That could be done 20 years ago and do you agree or disagree?
Definitively not.

2004 were no affordable SBCs around capable of running UAE at decent speed. The first Raspberry Pi was released in 2012 (1st Amiberry release 2017). So around 2004 the most affordable way to get a decent "A600 Gaming System" probably was to buy a 2nd hand A600 and put a '020-accelerator card in.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2024, 01:03:14 PM »
Any more news on the A600GS?  Any videos showing games being run on it?

Cheers….

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2024, 08:06:18 PM »
Any more news on the A600GS?  Any videos showing games being run on it?

Cheers….

Not as yet. I believe a press release will follow shortly.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2024, 08:29:12 PM »
Latest work last week was on updating Personal Paint for the A600GS (news item coming this week)

AmiBench has also been updated with a new Picture Datatype 46.13 introducing HAM support.

WBStartup drawer renamed to simply StartUp drawer as we are running AmiBench and not Workbench

Here is a sneak peak at the new PPaint update showing 1080p and 4K screenmodes available:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 08:30:30 PM by amigakit »

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2024, 08:32:36 PM »
Latest work last week was on updating Personal Paint for the A600GS (news item coming this week)

AmiBench has also been updated with a new Picture Datatype 46.13 introducing HAM support.

WBStartup drawer renamed to simply StartUp drawer as we are running AmiBench and not Workbench

Here is a sneak peak at the new PPaint update showing 1080p and 4K screenmodes available:

Looking good. 👍🏻

How are the Screenmodes being done? P96? Or some other way?

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2024, 08:35:54 PM »
Screenmodes are using a compatible CyberGraphics API - which by extension should also be P96 compatible.

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2024, 04:56:21 PM »
This product is now late, after announcements that it would be released in Q1 2024! No price has been mentioned either. Apart from the 9 pin joystick ports, is it any better than an A500 Mini?

My main problem with the A500 Mini is that there seems to be no Workbench system which enables files to be exported or imported. They're just closed lha files with no Internet connection. I haven't updated the firmware yet because of Pandory, but I now plan to, because there are new Pandory versions. This might enable me to run an ADF based Workbench, then save files onto blank ADFs. 

As for including a new version of Personal Paint, it seems there's no proper, detailed manual for Personal Paint anywhere! This is why I've hardly used it.

In some recent graphics conversions from Internet downloads of jpeg files from my MacBook onto my Amiga A1200 using Personal Paint, I only had 128 or 256 colours available, but the original files contained about 16,800,000 colours, which is about the same as the Amiga A1200 palette! From the list of display modes in the old Personal Paint, it has no HAM modes.

I wonder how I could just convert my reduced resolution jpeg files from the Internet into IFF files that can be loaded into Deluxe Paint with its detailed manuals?

I have finally managed to find and download a manual for Deluxe Paint V, but this is in German only, which I have managed to learn from BBC courses, as well as Berlitz, Conversaphone, "Amiga Magazin" and watching lots of German TV via satellite and streaming. I'm trying to create some artwork in the HAM8 modes, but I'm having problems with my 23 PIN Video port to SCART connected TV often showing a "No signal" message when one of various graphics modes is selected. All the necessary drivers seem to be installed under Monitors, though.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:58:52 PM by AmigaBruno »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2024, 08:29:07 AM »
AMiNIMiga has a shared folder that is visible on PCs hence files can be exported/imported.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2024, 05:10:42 PM »
This product is now late, after announcements that it would be released in Q1 2024! No price has been mentioned either. Apart from the 9 pin joystick ports, is it any better than an A500 Mini?

My main problem with the A500 Mini is that there seems to be no Workbench system which enables files to be exported or imported. They're just closed lha files with no Internet connection. I haven't updated the firmware yet because of Pandory, but I now plan to, because there are new Pandory versions. This might enable me to run an ADF based Workbench, then save files onto blank ADFs. 

As for including a new version of Personal Paint, it seems there's no proper, detailed manual for Personal Paint anywhere! This is why I've hardly used it.

In some recent graphics conversions from Internet downloads of jpeg files from my MacBook onto my Amiga A1200 using Personal Paint, I only had 128 or 256 colours available, but the original files contained about 16,800,000 colours, which is about the same as the Amiga A1200 palette! From the list of display modes in the old Personal Paint, it has no HAM modes.

I wonder how I could just convert my reduced resolution jpeg files from the Internet into IFF files that can be loaded into Deluxe Paint with its detailed manuals?

I have finally managed to find and download a manual for Deluxe Paint V, but this is in German only, which I have managed to learn from BBC courses, as well as Berlitz, Conversaphone, "Amiga Magazin" and watching lots of German TV via satellite and streaming. I'm trying to create some artwork in the HAM8 modes, but I'm having problems with my 23 PIN Video port to SCART connected TV often showing a "No signal" message when one of various graphics modes is selected. All the necessary drivers seem to be installed under Monitors, though.

Amigakit are are supposed to be launching this at Kickstart02. Has Kickstart02 come and gone yet? If not then that’s when you get to see it 😉