Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Request about OS Development  (Read 27197 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: Request about OS Development
« on: November 29, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;833618
OK. If not PC, why not to make it run on old MacPPC hardware. This "old" HW is way better  then NEW and I can get PowerMAC G5 as a scrap metal price. Wait. I have old completely unused iBookG4 in my storage. That move would not require 100% "rewrite" of AmigaOS. Is that right? So why not?

Why can't I install AmigaOS on MacPPC? You just wrote that nobody cares about hardware they use. Apparently people who own rights for AmigaOS care about $2000 mobos that is slower(?) then PowerMAC G5  and promise hardware for months or years.

It is taking about 2 years to release A1222. How long it will take to adapt AmigaOS for MacMini, PowerMac etc. It is funny how MorphOS "jumped" on new AmigaOS hardware and somehow MorphOS dev. could adapt it FROM Mac to new HW, quite fast.

Consider the possibility that contracts and agreements exist that, at this time, are still in place and need be honored.

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;833620
IF that is true, then we can't do nothing about it, but IF it is not... then I don't know why not.

Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions from public information that exists.
In that vein, if you devote the time to read what follows, you might conclude there are yet
other factors involved:

Source

I outline in latter pages, where applicable, certain important dates that are on the horizon which might affect change.
Regardless, enjoy your hobby. This series of filings merely illustrates that some people are forced to spend both their time and money on "other" things currently.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
Quote from: polyp2000;833658
Yes it can , only Hyperion dont think thats a good business plan.

You any many others desire this , but due to the Hyperions stance on this the only way you are going to be able to achieve this is using AROS . An Open Source implementation of AmigaOS.

In the long run AROS will still be standing when Hyperion are dead and buried as the source code is legally available and distributable to the public. Theres also the fact that commodity X86 hardware is much less expensive. This makes the barrier to entry a much more reasonable proposition .

But Hyperion dont care about that nor listen to the wishes of the Amiga Community.

It might be wise to consider alternative points of view to "business plan":

Source

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;833675
Community selects leader that serves this community = democracy. The better leader, the better community (and opposite). Leader: General, Capitan, President, CEO, PI, Boss, Capitan Picard... having "bad/good" leadership will not equal - lack of it :).

Who is in charge of this what is happening with AmigaOS? I can't identify ONE person that is responsible for "direction" of development. What are GOALS in AmigaOS development? Did I missed something? Saying "it is a hobby" will simply create more and more dilutions of efforts. It is called entropy :).

The last post I can locate from Hyperion Entertainment CVBA director Costel Mincea on AW:
Source
Title in sig still shows "AmigaOS4 development team member"

Whereas:
Source
Title in sig shows "AmigaOS Development Team Lead"

Hope that helps re:AmigaOS4.x