Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amithlon on Sony Vaio  (Read 3821 times)

Description:

Offline amifaceTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amithlon on Sony Vaio
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 28, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »
Well unfortunately the vaios bios is as frugal as hell with no options like that :-( I have basically decided to give up and focus on amiga forever and see if it can do what I want.. weirdly though I bought the online edition because it kept going on about kxlight and now I come to actually install it and I cannot see any mention of it at all.... having said that running on windows on this vaio seems way faster than my last and without the problems.. but im still going to need atleast 2 or 3 weeks of proper usage tosee if its right for me. One of my main problems is the mouse is too slow even on full speed! I can speed it up with acceleration but then its just confusing, Im guessing there will be some WBhack for this.

Running WB at MASSIVE resolutions is doable in 8 bit (not higher) but its sweet, more news soon..

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »
Ok folks, maybe this should go in a new thread??

Ive finally got amiga forever working, and exactly as it was 2 years ago when I tried it, it just wont save some preferences. Other Amiga users have suggested that its more of an executive toy than a serious tool, but I find that hard to believe.

Here is what doesnt work for me, a quick example, FKEY, whenever I define a key, save and reboot, all evidence of what Ive saved has vanished.

What could possibly cause this??

AmiFace.

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
Oh well not I remember why amiga forever pisses me off severely!! Ive been using it 4 hours and its already slowly grinding to a halt!! has it got some sort of memory leak?? I have to keep halfing the resolution to keep the speed up, before long i`ll be down to 320*256.. would the kxlight boot option avoid this? Im sick and tired of trying to get the amigaos running...makes me wonder why i bother, but when i go back to windows i soon remember.. it was lightning fast at the start!

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
Hi mate, Thanks alot for your help. Amiga Forever seems to be running alot better now, ive plateaued out at 800*600 at 8 bit which is basically running about the same speed as my old 060 based amiga ran, and sometimes faster/slower. Overall Im actually pretty damn impressed after ironing out the problems, it seems i was wrong about the memory leak.

Remaining issues that Id love to solve:

fkey still wont save (the icon information saves fine, but not the actual fkey prefs - where are they actually saved???? is there any way to "pipe" them in from a script at boot time? or is there an fkey replacement?)

the palette messes up when i flip to workbench from windows - this means all the icons, mui colours and especially web browsing looks terrible.

someone has seen fit to make "page down" jump to some very odd amiga style bluescreen of death - i dont know what the hell it is or how to quit it without rebooting! This is rather annoying as I hit it sometimes when im trying to press enter.

On a another note, i think running it on windows is now essential as I had completely forgotten how incomatible amiga browsers are, I need to be able to flip to windows for a few things so infact i think this is a relatively good solution, even if it no doubt runs alot slower with windows churning away in the background.

Happy new year to you too, I was at the edinburgh street party which was fun!

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »
whoops submitted twice.