Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cyberstorm MK1: Is there a special place in hell for making one fit an A3000D?  (Read 259 times)

Description:

Offline huronkingTopic starter

• Show only replies by huronking
Your thoughts?

I'd forgotten all the damage I did shoehorning one of these into an A3000 and dug mine out of a closet to see if it still worked. It's ugly, I have no way to mount a floppy, it's shimmed with scrap plastic, and I'll never get the case over it without risking +12v to ground...

But it does scream... What were they thinking?

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
@ huronking

I remember a friend of mine coming to university one day with quite a few bandages around both his hands and when we asked what the hell happened he cursed the damn CS MK1 :biglaugh:
I'm just cleaning up my A4K and replacing caps etc. and thank goodness the CSMKIII in it is not as bad as the MK1
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline matt3k

To he honest the Mk 1 and 2 phase 5 products were problematic and didn't work well in general.  I used to scratch my head  with my mark 2 not only for charging me extra for the ability to have a SCSI controller that didn't in fit into my 3000 tower but more importantly why my warp  engine was so much faster for most things with a slower processor.

The warp engine was thought out down to the int clasp and fitting perfectly in every Amiga that could use it.  The mark 3 certainly fits all the systems and  performs well but you still have to hack the board for SCSI...

Funny they got it right with the cybervision 64 right out of the gate but it took 3 accelerators to get it right...

Quote from: huronking;806981
Your thoughts?

I'd forgotten all the damage I did shoehorning one of these into an A3000 and dug mine out of a closet to see if it still worked. It's ugly, I have no way to mount a floppy, it's shimmed with scrap plastic, and I'll never get the case over it without risking +12v to ground...

But it does scream... What were they thinking?