Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yup, I just banned him...  (Read 17646 times)

Description:

Offline ferrellsl

Re: Yup, I just banned him...
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;750018
The reason Commodrejohn was banned for a week was because he broke the TOS after he was given a warning.

I announced it for several reasons.  First was that I usually make it known when I do this because I feel everyone deserves to know when such an action is taken.  I do not ban from the shadows nor do I do it without giving a warning or five.  By making it a news item I can make sure everyone has a chance to know what a Mod has done, not to showcase the individual.

Second, the reasons he was banned echoed of an on going issue on A.ORG.  My, "There's a new Sheriff in town" talk could have been done better, but on the same note there is no one perfect way to describe or explain my position.

Was there more to CJs ban then what is in the thread?  Yes.  Am I going to talk about the particulars?  No.  The OP covered the breaches so, hopefully, this will be avoided in the future.

Truth is I HATE putting out names.  The only reason I do it here is for the reasons I mentioned above.  If you think my tactics are too much one way or another, okay, that's fine.  But if you want to express yourself about me or anyone else on A.ORG in an abusive way, that's not fine.

People are allowed to have a difference of opinion and as I've said on countless occasions that is what makes the Amiga so great!  But when you purposely post to cause discord or anything else that breaks the TOS, how can you NOT get penalized?  

Oh, and if you think I am allowed to run around banning people willy-nilly, I already have, and replied to, a PM from SysAdmin to explain my actions.  It's all part of the job.  I know it is thankless.  But I still do it and I'll continue to do it the best way I know how.

I'm glad he's been banned for a while.  On many threads, he drove people off by using it as a bully-pulpit especially if it was a thread of his starting.  Anyone who disagreed with him or had a differing viewpoint, was in simpler terms, called an idiot and told to shut up.  I think that's been a problem for A.org for a while now, people who want to use the forums to be bullies rather than a place of discussion and information sharing.