Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology  (Read 11185 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology
« Reply #134 from previous page: November 02, 2015, 08:45:29 PM »
Quote from: number6;798663
While I completely understand your point, I think the argument also exists about applications being a big part of the user experience that they associate with the OS. Would not releasing an operating system while also pointing out that apps exist for said operating system be good PR for Hyperion?
I've heard the term symbiotic before in relation to this, but perhaps that's not how Hyperion sees it. Perhaps you're correct and they see it as infringement, and something for which they should be compensated. *shrug*

Money talks and Hyperion is running a business afterall.  Perhaps there will be an offical AmigaStore app included by default in a future release of OS4 that is run by Hyperion for its own profit?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline number6

« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;798665
Money talks and Hyperion is running a business afterall.  Perhaps there will be an offical AmigaStore app included by default in a future release of OS4 that is run by Hyperion for its own profit?

I think they have more than enough (h/w support-wise) on their plate that they won't be considering such an idea for quite some time.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2015, 09:10:25 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;798665
Hyperion is running a business afterall.

You misspelled pyramid scheme ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2015, 09:23:33 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;798667
You misspelled pyramid scheme ;)

:lol:

I was being generous to them for once. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline fjudde

• Show only replies by fjudde
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2015, 11:53:38 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;798664
So Hyperion should force their customers to install software written by a third party with no financial recompense for Hyperion purely so this third party can make money from Hyperions customers?

You'd better write to Ben Hermans immediately pointing out the error of his ways! :roflmao:

I don't understand you, I never said that hyperion should force OS4 users to install third party software?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:29:23 AM by fjudde »

Offline nicholas

« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2015, 09:29:02 AM »
Quote from: fjudde;798670
I don't understand you, I never said that hyperion should force OS4 users to install third party software?

Anything installed by default is "forced". Bad choice of word perhaps.

Offline fondpondforever

• Show only replies by fondpondforever
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »
I still haven't heard from A-Eon. Will they get back to me? lol
Hop, Crackle, Blast Off into Spino Space!

Offline ciVic

• Show only replies by ciVic
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
Same here. So why this call and then nobody get's an answer?

Offline Hans_

« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »
@fishpondforever & @ciVic

From here:

I am very sorry for the delay. We have had a much bigger response to our developer programme than expected. We are still working through the list and you will receive a response shortly.

Each developer application is very bespoke because they bring different areas of expertise and interest. We are working to accommodate all of these with the roadmap we have in place. The discussion and subsequent application process therefore takes some time.

Thank you for you patience.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.

Offline matthey

• Show only replies by matthey
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2015, 09:03:20 PM »
@fondpondforever & ciVic
I hope one of you is a web developer :D.

@A-EON
Jim Drew is a famous Amiga developer who needs the P96 driver developer kit for FPGA Arcade development.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=80349

Encouraging development means not wasting developer's time as well as getting them the resources they need.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »
Quote from: matthey;799329
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=80349

Encouraging development means not wasting developer's time as well as getting them the resources they need.

Interesting thread!  Of course in a frustrating, hands-wringing, "this is how we do it in Amiga-land" kind of way, but interesting none-the-less.  Glad to hear Jim Drew is still active! :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline JimDrew

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by JimDrew
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »
I don't know about "famous", notorious perhaps...  ;)

Yes, I am looking for info on the Picasso96 RTG system.  If there is source to a .card file and/or info about the various PSS0 hooks, I would love to get my hands on it.

I think it would be wise for A-EON to support OS3 and the 68K CPUs.  After working on iFUSION and some PowerMacs, I can tell you that I don't want anything to do with the PPC platform.  There are some products coming  that will convert an 040/060 CPU pin platform into a raging FPGA based monster.  So, I can see some new life for the older machines coming down the pike.  I would definitely be interested in helping with 68K projects.

Offline matthey

• Show only replies by matthey
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
Quote from: JimDrew;799331
I don't know about "famous", notorious perhaps...  ;)

Outlaws can be famous too. Maybe not all of your notoriety was positive but there were "circumstances" and the bad guys were in the management at C=. You have one of the most recognizable 3rd party Amiga developer names behind maybe Tim Jenson ;).

Quote from: JimDrew;799331

I think it would be wise for A-EON to support OS3 and the 68K CPUs.  After working on iFUSION and some PowerMacs, I can tell you that I don't want anything to do with the PPC platform.  There are some products coming  that will convert an 040/060 CPU pin platform into a raging FPGA based monster.  So, I can see some new life for the older machines coming down the pike.  I would definitely be interested in helping with 68K projects.

So many of us love the little old 68k that could but wasn't allowed to. Maybe they will notice when there are more FPGA 68k Amigas that there are PPC Amigas. Then maybe they will realize they don't have a product or support for the bigger market they blocked. I guess it depends on what you want to be famous for but not everyone has the foresight or power to change the future.

Offline ciVic

• Show only replies by ciVic
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2015, 07:54:49 AM »
Quote from: Hans_;799327
@fishpondforever & @ciVic

From here:

Hans

Ah ok thanks a lot! I didn't know that I'm applying to something. I thought it is just an access to a community platform. Maybe I should have sent my CV :lol:

Offline fondpondforever

« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »
Mayby A-Eon should have put an application form link in the post so it's more useful and specific for them when a person contacts them with interest.

Offline fondpondforever

« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »
Just messaged them again with more detail this time. Hope they get back to me. ;)