Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Passing of CUSA Founder Barry Altman  (Read 6921 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
Re: Passing of CUSA Founder Barry Altman
« Reply #44 from previous page: January 17, 2013, 03:10:05 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;722833
I can't be the only one finding some peoples poorly hidden "interest" in the subject slightly repulsive (especially given their posting history on closely related subjects here and on other sites), and since the message is already out now, I'd say the thread has served its purpose and should be closed.

That's why.

You are absolutely right. Some of the behavoir of people here and elsewhere in the amiga world has been down right embarassing in regards to commodore and Barry. Imagine this poor guy trying to do something he though was cool or fun, and to get abused and ridiculed by losers on the internet doing nothing. I mean the poor guy was probably sick with cancer and still getting abused at every turn. The rabid fanboyism has to stop. Alot of posters here need a REAL LIFE OFF OF THE INTERNET.

Rest in peace Barry I never knew  you but I respected your vision.

Even in this thread it seems people care more about trademarks and business than wishing the man a peaceful rest. Amazing.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline Kremlar

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »
You are absolutely right. Some of the behavoir of people here and elsewhere in the amiga world has been down right embarassing in regards to commodore and Barry. Imagine this poor guy trying to do something he though was cool or fun, and to get abused and ridiculed by losers on the internet doing nothing. I mean the poor guy was probably sick with cancer and still getting abused at every turn. The rabid fanboyism has to stop. Alot of posters here need a REAL LIFE OFF OF THE INTERNET.  

I agree.

Even in this thread it seems people care more about trademarks and business than wishing the man a peaceful rest. Amazing.  

I don't agree.  I could post "my condolences to his family", but I think it would be meaningless and stupid.  I didn't know him or his family, nor did he or his family know me.  They don't care if I post "my condolences" on some obscure message board that they'll never read.

It's horrible when someone dies, especially for those around them who need to continue on afterwards.

On this message board, however, I'd rather discuss the business aspect in relation to the Commodore and Amiga names, and what his death might mean to his business's future.

Offline k4lmp

• Show only replies by k4lmp
    • http://www.k4lmp.org
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 03:20:33 AM »
Rest in Peace, Barry.  Condolences and prayers to all family and friends.