Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion Entertainment: Update 2 for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition released!  (Read 9143 times)

Description:

Offline nbache

@spudje:

What hardware and network adapter are you using?

I don't have this problem. I'm using a CNet card in the CF slot on my A1200/BPPC/BVision, and I regularly download big files (e.g. a number of the release candidates for Update 2 durting alpha and beta testing) from my NAS with SMBFS over the LAN with no problems - other than the low speed of the 10Mb/s card compared to my other machines, of course.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

Re: Hyperion Entertainment: Update 2 for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition released!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 11:45:34 PM »
So for claritys sake - are we talking OS4 on Classic or OS4 on new PPC systems here?
PPC. Well, in fact it also runs on a classic, if it has a CyberStormPPC or BlizzardPPC.

As a new OS4 and X5000 user (I know, shocking)...
Welcome! Pleased to see you :-)

I was completely confused here, am I supposed to:

1. Install OSFE Pre-Release and then AEON Enhancer etc.
No, probably not the best way by now.

or

2. Install OSFE Pre-Release, Update 1, Update 2 (and HOTFIX) and then look at Enhancer 1.5?
Yes, that's what I would do. Regarding the hotfix, it is included in the Update 2 package available now, so you don't have to install that separately.

Regarding Enhancer, if you want that, you might as well get version 2 (for an upgrade fee, I believe) and then upgrade it to 2.1 (for free, using Updater which is part of the Enhancer).

Be aware that Enhancer stupidly overwrites some OS commands and other modules with their own homegrown versions, so you might want to not just blindly install the whole thing, but select only the parts you really need.

Best regards,

Niels
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:47:12 PM by nbache »