Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion Entertainment: Update 2 for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition released!  (Read 8975 times)

Description:

Offline hypnoia

• Show only replies by hypnoia
Re: Hyperion Entertainment: Update 2 for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition released!
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 28, 2021, 12:45:17 AM »
Hi @my_pc_is_amiga, I see you answered this back on the Hyperion forums but I wanted to close the loop here, as I came across this thread first in my searches.  I had this problem too, and the JIT blacklist solved it for me as well (using only a native mouse, as my Amiga 3K keyboard controller long ago gave up the ghost so without USB, a keyboard wasn't an option).

https://forum.icomp.de/index.php?thread/1570-rapidroadxs100usb-device-error-with-amigaos4-1fe/&postID=13462#post13480

Prefs --> Compatibility --> Add rapidroadxs100usb.device to Blacklist

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »
Update...

My system has been very stable since I installed the Hotfix for OS4.1 FE Update 2.

I am very happy with the results so far.

Aweb, IBrowse, NetSurf, Origyn, Odyssey, Final Writer 97, NotePad, Multiview, UnArc, WarpView, AmigaAMP, PPaint, TVPaint, and E-UAE are all working well.

I have less experience with MultiEdit and MultiViewer and Cinnamon Writer, but they all seem to be working ok so far.

Thanks to all involved.

---
redfox
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 04:37:03 AM by redfox »

Offline my_pc_is_amiga

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 02:28:11 AM »
Hi @my_pc_is_amiga, I see you answered this back on the Hyperion forums but I wanted to close the loop here,
Prefs --> Compatibility --> Add rapidroadxs100usb.device to Blacklist

Thanks for closing the loop here in this forum.  I've had some issue in getting Diskdoctor to work with scsi.device (IDE hard drive).  It gets stuck right away and I cannot use ctrl-c to kill it.   Anybody else tried diskdoctor with a IDE hard drive?

Offline JKD

• Show only replies by JKD
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 10:55:21 PM »
So for claritys sake - are we talking OS4 on Classic or OS4 on new PPC systems here?

As a new OS4 and X5000 user (I know, shocking)...I was completely confused here, am I supposed to:

1. Install OSFE Pre-Release and then AEON Enhancer etc. or

2. Install OSFE Pre-Release, Update 1, Update 2 (and HOTFIX) and then look at Enhancer 1.5?

...this seems messy and then

3. If I choose to install Enhancer 1.5, presumably I then go ahead and upgrade to the newly released 2.1 ???

Right now I did #1 and system is OK but looks up occasionally when copying to RAM disk: - can be triggered easily by unarchiving, for example.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:58:13 PM by JKD »

Offline nbache

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2021, 11:45:34 PM »
So for claritys sake - are we talking OS4 on Classic or OS4 on new PPC systems here?
PPC. Well, in fact it also runs on a classic, if it has a CyberStormPPC or BlizzardPPC.

As a new OS4 and X5000 user (I know, shocking)...
Welcome! Pleased to see you :-)

I was completely confused here, am I supposed to:

1. Install OSFE Pre-Release and then AEON Enhancer etc.
No, probably not the best way by now.

or

2. Install OSFE Pre-Release, Update 1, Update 2 (and HOTFIX) and then look at Enhancer 1.5?
Yes, that's what I would do. Regarding the hotfix, it is included in the Update 2 package available now, so you don't have to install that separately.

Regarding Enhancer, if you want that, you might as well get version 2 (for an upgrade fee, I believe) and then upgrade it to 2.1 (for free, using Updater which is part of the Enhancer).

Be aware that Enhancer stupidly overwrites some OS commands and other modules with their own homegrown versions, so you might want to not just blindly install the whole thing, but select only the parts you really need.

Best regards,

Niels
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:47:12 PM by nbache »