Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rats leaving a sinking ship, or something else?  (Read 13157 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Rats leaving a sinking ship, or something else?
« Reply #119 from previous page: September 30, 2003, 01:22:23 PM »

dammy wrote:
by Karlos on 2003/9/29 21:55:57

You absolutely do not take on a company that is registered, easily traced, has a public profile and can be made accountable in courts. Not unless you are the worlds worst ever supervillian

Ever hear of WorldCom or Enron?

Dammy

Exactly :-) Were they any good at it they wouldn't have been caught...
int p; // A

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2003, 01:52:38 PM »
Hi Andy/unchartered, you have a certain spin on all this that is not completely factual.  You have twisted events, conjecture and opinion into a historical mess.  But, no worries!  :-)  .  Your posts help us understand the distortion out there in some minds.  We will keep marching ahead, attending presentations, recruiting new developers, bringing new operating systems and applications to the platform and eventually one day you and others will see things in a new light.

MorphOS is a concept not a just an operating system!

:-)

R&B

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2003, 04:59:10 PM »

Warface wrote:
When it is released it will be available to CS as well as A1, that's twice as many platforms than MOS is publically available for.

MorphOS has a Pegasos and Blizzard/CyberstormPPC version as well. "twice as many platforms" is a pretty laughable argument against MorphOS to be honest, as OS4 is not available at all...

Read again When it's released

Are Blizzard/CSPPC versions publically available? No. Which was that whole point of me mentioning it. Whoever it was was complaining about AOS being limited to one platform, which is not true, while on it's release and to this very day, MorphOS is only available to the public by buying a Pegasos despite the fact these other versions apparently exist.

What I find laughable is that the only argument I can find against this is the old "it hasn't been released yet" chesnut.

Offline uncharted

« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2003, 05:36:32 PM »

bbrv wrote:
Hi Andy/unchartered, you have a certain spin on all this that is not completely factual.  You have twisted events, conjecture and opinion into a historical mess.  But, no worries!  :-)  .  Your posts help us understand the distortion out there in some minds.  We will keep marching ahead, attending presentations, recruiting new developers, bringing new operating systems and applications to the platform and eventually one day you and others will see things in a new light.

You know what, you're totally right, my mind is totally distorted.

Yes I must of twisted things, by using fact, varifyable evidence and direct quotes from yourself.  I feel so ashamed that I logically, methodically, and thoughtfully took apart peoples comments, and presented evidence for what I was saying.  I can't tell you how bad it was of me to counter each of Greenboy's arguments so well that he felt the need to play tag-team posting with GaryC.

I've been a total fool, I should of followed everything you said, believed every last word, you, your employees and associates said on every matter.  I was such a fool for thinking for myself, researching, asking questions, engaging in adult debate.

In fact it was just downright rude of me to ask questions that you'd have to dodge, like "Did members of the MOS team have access to the OS source code during Escom Amiga era?" and "Why does it appear in the emails published by Samface on ANN that you organise postings to certain forums?"

In short I can only apologise to yourselves, your employees, your fans, and customers, by not sycophantically praising every little announcement you've ever made, not complaining about/trolling every announcement made by Hyperion/Eyetech/Amiga, and not hijacking every last AmigaOne/OS 4 thread on the internet to tell everyone exactly how much better Pegasos/MOS is.

I'm off to buy a Peg2 now.......

Oh yeah, I don't know what your next announcement will be, but......WOOHOO You rock, man. HYPEos Suxxx....in advance.

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2003, 06:11:07 PM »

When it's [OS4] released both on AmigaONE/CSPPC I bet your statement will not be more true at all. By then we may have MorphOS on much more platforms. AmigaOS4 is more limited to platforms than MorphOS is still true, and I expect it to remain so for some time, despite of different releases.

You complain about the not yet released expression - yet you use it for the CSPPC/BlizzPPC MorphOS as well as me. Just to note.  

Offline bhoggettTopic starter

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2003, 06:58:08 PM »
@Andy

Well, I don't think we should be talking about things in advance here. There is no point talking about a syatem as it is currently marketed and comparing it against something that isn't even released yet.

Are Blizzard/CSPPC versions publically available? No. Which was that whole point of me mentioning it. Whoever it was was complaining about AOS being limited to one platform, which is not true,

Blizzards/CSPPC  don't count anyway, as no one manufactures these any more.

It is a simple fact that both MorphOS and AmigaOS4 are just marketing gimmicks intended to sell custom hardware solutions.

What I find laughable is that the only argument I can find against this is the old "it hasn't been released yet" chesnut.

It's a valid argument. A lot of things have been promised over the years and have never actually materialised.  There is no guarantee that something will be released until it actually is.
Bill Hoggett

Offline uncharted

« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2003, 07:58:49 PM »

bhoggett wrote:
Well, I don't think we should be talking about things in advance here. There is no point talking about a syatem as it is currently marketed and comparing it against something that isn't even released yet.

Your right Bill, I just got drawn into the arguement I guess.

The main point was that Hyperion's marketing stratagy with regards to OS 4 is not more restricted than Genesi's in fact Genesi won't even support existing hardware that MOS apparently already runs on.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2003, 08:53:35 PM »
I think the whole thing is a bit of a balls up - I was honestly suprised that there was even still an Amiga brandname in existence when I 'rejoined the scene' so to speak, at the beginning of the year. I think the whole thing should be laid to rest and left in the hands of those who care about the Amiga, rather than a load of crooks or opportunists....its just a shame that the Amiga community has been split by this whole debacle....
I like Amigas

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2003, 09:07:41 PM »
by uncharted on 2003/9/30 14:58:49

The main point was that Hyperion's marketing stratagy with regards to OS 4 is not more restricted than Genesi's in fact Genesi won't even support existing hardware that MOS apparently already runs on.

Hold the phone, didn't BBRV already state that if someone wants to port MOS to A1, they would give assistance to whomever is doing the port?  

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline gary_c

• Show only replies by gary_c
    • http://www.cunningham-lee.com
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2003, 05:48:55 AM »

Hold the phone, didn't BBRV already state that if someone wants to port MOS to A1, they would give assistance to whomever is doing the port?

I'm not sure about that, but may have missed something. MOS already runs on a Teron board, so the only thing standing in the way of it running on an AmigaOne is Amiga's firmware changes, right?

But it seems like maybe whatever plans Genesi might have regarding the AmigaOne could depend on the outcome of the court cases.

Beyond that I don't know what Uncharted is referring to. What exactly is Genesi not supporting?

-- gary_c