Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cyberstorm MK2 Boot Issue  (Read 1386 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: Cyberstorm MK2 Boot Issue
« on: March 16, 2023, 08:24:49 PM »
With 3.2.2, I think the recommendation is to use the 68060.library from the MMULib package. Also, do you have 3.2.x ROMs or are you softkicking from 3.1? That may also affect what you need for your 680x0.library setup.

The next question is what do you have in Devs:DOSDrivers? Something using an old device or filesystem could conceivably crash.

Also check the version of C:Mount to make sure you somehow don't have a pre-3.2.x version. And run 'which mount' in a Shell to make sure there isn't a second copy kicking around somewhere else in the command path.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 02:06:30 AM »
Is your CD0 stock from the OS install? Also check your version of L:CDFileSystem.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 04:16:19 PM »
I am now running with the MMULibraries you recomended.

With such a setup, I *think* the only 680x0.library file in Libs: should be 68060.library. Have you removed/renamed/disabled all the older ones? More importantly, have you also installed mmu.library?

Your file versions all look correct, and if it's a stock install the symptoms you're describing now suggest there might be a hardware issue. I'm not very good at diagnosing those, but the main things to check are:
1. Is the accelerator fully seated? Use a pencil eraser to press down on the connector to ensure a tight fit.
2. Are the motherboard capacitors healthy?
3. Is the power supply healthy?

Another thing to check on the software side is whether the 3.2.2 update successfully modified the startup-sequence to kick in the new ROM modules.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 01:22:49 PM »
kolla’s message was a bit cryptic, but I agree that you should also look into P5Init, which is part of the mmu.library package.