Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution  (Read 11963 times)

Description:

Offline mfletcher

• Show only replies by mfletcher
Re: Amiga.org Ownership Resolution
« Reply #59 from previous page: July 21, 2011, 04:43:16 AM »
Quote from: save2600;650969
I would LMFAO if it was Doomy.  :lol:

Heres what would happen

Doomy would announce "Amiga.org" members club. For $99.95 a year you will get milspec hardware delivered to your door once a year.

Whole bunch of saps sign up.

Doomy relocates to Hawaii.

Bunch of saps get butthurt when their promised hardware doesnt arrive.

Doomy blames USPS.

The end.

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:54 AM »
Quote from: save2600;650969
I would LMFAO if it was Doomy.  :lol:

You need to wash your brain with soap, Gargle with Hydrogen peroxide for attempting to speak while you typed, and finally, Antibacterial soap for the hands and acid bath your keyboard for finally using to type that statement :)

The way I see it is, its a bit sad if it turns out that it was a "Business" Decision to own A.org, I for one would have wanted someone who had the Amiga passion who owned it, but that said, how do I know it is not already ? Perhaps the owner is.

If I had the SPARE money, I would not miss a beat in buying A.org, and have it for the community, but I can see why the owner wants to remain in the dark, I am sure if it was public, the owner would be getting BOMBARDED with "Why was i banned, xxxx mod is such a B'stard, reinstate me".  But anyway, I like A.org, I also like Abime.net, they have their niche places, and we need them both for the continued survival and support of the Amiga community.  Long live A.org and Abime.
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;650981
Damn, don't give the current owner any new ideas!

:eek: TOO LATE :eek:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 05:41:10 AM »
I thought we already knew who bought the site?

* * *.  Is his name not allowed to be said here or something?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:46:04 AM by SysAdmin »
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651011

:lol: :roflmao: :lol:

Zat answer your question... :roflmao:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show only replies by AmigaHeretic
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 06:28:03 AM »
This thread is strange, you're asking us our opinion about giving you money so we can feel better about knowing who owns the site.  Except we know who owns the site.  

It the same guy that is the "former Netscape exec" that donated to the Mozilla bounty.  He is also the CEO of DiscreetFX.  We just can't type his name I guess?   Is that listed in the TOS?  

So I guess I feel 100% confortable not transfering it since we already know who it is.
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »
Perhaps because they are embarrassed to have spent $xxxx and are now stuck with a forum with no resale value ? :) (and full of old codgers! - let's be honest, the site was never worth the asking price, the value in the site is from the users, and perhaps a little in the name, but certainly not what was asked for)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:14:24 AM by buzz »

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »
Time to bring on the Spanish Lesbians!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline tone007

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
Quote from: persia;651059
Time to bring on the Spanish Lesbians!

I know a couple who might be interested...
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
Quote from: AmigaHeretic;651011

i'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.  by virtue of the fact the this is being edited, we know the owner's first name. assuming that 'ted' actually exists. frankly this whole thread stinks of some bizarre mind-game.

here. let me help you: ted, ted, ted, ted. ted. oh, yeah, how 'bout a little more ted? let's continue this farcical cry for attention and controversy:

ted!!!! hoo-ray for ted! :nervous:

no one actually cares. as one of the lunatics, i think it's rather clear we would just like the asylum under sane management. whose management doesn't matter. just knowing someone was actually (and actively) in charge would be a comfort.

i quite enjoy amiga.org as it is certainly more light-hearted than my other amiga hang-outs, but since wayne and some of the other 'old-hands' jumped ship, the site does seem to be spiraling downward. karlos can only do so much, and i'm pleased to see more active moderation since the beginning of the week, so thank you to whomever is responsible. they can remain anonymous if they'd prefer, for whatever reason. :sealed:

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline number6

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651063
i'm sorry, but this is ridiculous.  by virtue of the fact the this is being edited, we know the owner's first name. assuming that 'ted' actually exists. frankly this whole thread stinks of some bizarre mind-game.

here. let me help you: ted, ted, ted, ted. ted. oh, yeah, how 'bout a little more ted? let's continue this farcical cry for attention and controversy:

ted!!!! hoo-ray for ted! :nervous:

no one actually cares. as one of the lunatics, i think it's rather clear we would just like the asylum under sane management. whose management doesn't matter. just knowing someone was actually (and actively) in charge would be a comfort.

i quite enjoy amiga.org as it is certainly more light-hearted than my other amiga hang-outs, but since wayne and some of the other 'old-hands' jumped ship, the site does seem to be spiraling downward. karlos can only do so much, and i'm pleased to see more active moderation since the beginning of the week, so thank you to whomever is responsible. they can remain anonymous if they'd prefer, for whatever reason. :sealed:

-- eliyahu

Hmm...perhaps it keeps being edited out because everyone is spelling it wrong.
Congratulation btw. You just set the record for spelling it wrong most often in one post. Heh.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »
Quote from: number6;651065
Hmm...perhaps it keeps being edited out because everyone is spelling it wrong.
Congratulation btw. You just set the record for spelling it wrong most often in one post. Heh.

you mean, i should spell it '***?' the misspelling was deliberate on my part, by the way. has anyone ever met ***? or spoken to him on the telephone? or seen a picture of him? i mean, '***' was a vice president at lehman and an executive at netscape. i would think that, aside from a *** with no connections, he has no non-amiga internet presence whatsoever.

i'm starting to doubt the guy even exists. if someone, other than bill, has had direct contact with him via audio, video, or in person, could they say so?

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:13:32 AM by SysAdmin »

Offline number6

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;651068
you mean, i should spell it 'tedd?' the misspelling was deliberate on my part, by the way. has anyone ever met ***? or spoken to him on the telephone? or seen a picture of him? i mean, '* * *' was a vice president at lehman and an executive at netscape. i would think that, aside from a *** with no connections, he has no non-amiga internet presence whatsoever.

i'm starting to doubt the guy even exists. if someone, other than bill, has had direct contact with him via audio, video, or in person, could they say so?

-- eliyahu

Regardless, the "introduction", so to speak was on AW, not on Amiga.org. It was referred to later in an OSNews articles with many comments. Still later BillP clarified the introduction also on AW. It could not be more clear how *** had 1st intended to support the community. The date of the effort should be enough explanation in itself as to why things did not go as hoped.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:13:58 AM by SysAdmin »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »
Quote from: number6;651069
Regardless, the "introduction", so to speak was on AW, not on Amiga.org. It was referred to later in an OSNews articles with many comments. Still later BillP clarified the introduction also on AW. It could not be more clear how *** had 1st intended to support the community. The date of the effort should be enough explanation in itself as to why things did not go as hoped.

perhaps i'm just missing history. certainly wouldn't be the first time. :)

but as far as anyone has been able to tell me, *** exists only electronically. you're sort of the doyen of the amiga community: can you unequivocally state that *** exists as a real, flesh-and-blood person? that would certainly be good enough for me.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:02:56 PM by SysAdmin »

Offline tone007

3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline PyromaniaTopic starter

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »
To those few that think I am the owner of Amga.org I can only say in these tough economic times.

"I Wish!"

He is rich and man would it be nice!

One thing I would not take is his lack of computer skills. He admits he knows almost nothing about computers and has difficultly learning.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:41:37 PM by Pyromania »