Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: To all of you AmigaXL/Amithlon users  (Read 6714 times)

Description:

Offline DesolatorTopic starter

• Show all replies
To all of you AmigaXL/Amithlon users
« on: November 13, 2002, 01:45:50 PM »
I'm doing an article on AmigaXL and Amitlhon for my website so I wonder if you people who runs it could answer some questions here, i'd me most happy.  :-D

What do you use it for? :) Give me some examples of programs you run, why you run them and the speed of your computers. Pro's and con's with the emulatoed enviroment vs the real amiga. :)
// Amiga - The computer for the creative mind.
// Ph.D in Amiga future optimism.

• Show all replies
Re: To all of you AmigaXL/Amithlon users
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 07:39:55 PM »
"The problem is simply that if Bernie decides he's had enough the project is dead in the water."

Couldn't someone else or even a group of old Amiga veterans take over the project (and hopefully manage to get the licenses and things that is needed.) if he decides he's had enough? There must be some people that has the talent to continue this great product. (Amiga.Inc.. nah, but that would be great. ;)

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 08:15:48 PM »
"Amithlon/XL has no future. No REAL future."

Erm, you really have to be more openminded. This is the exact phrase people used for the Amiga computer when Commodore crashed, and there are still lots of people using the Amiga today, isn't it?

The point is, that even if You don't have any use for Amithlon/XL, then others has. People still run C64 programs and THAT would have no future one might think.

(and this is not meant as a personal attack. :) Just want you to see that things have a future even if it doesn't seem like it at the first glance.)

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 08:54:12 PM »
hehe, I better watch out. :) *installs AmigaOS Dad-Firewall 3.9*

I guess the majority of Amithlon/XL users want OS4 to come to the x86...well...I wouldn't keep my hopes up until atleast OS5.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 11:34:11 AM »
"The trouble is that when you get "stalked" by people set to abuse you, including mid-night telephone calls, when your health and relationships start to suffer badly, you think twice if it's all worth it"

Argh, this makes me som angry! Here a nice person constructs a wonderful product that lots of people have need for, and some people just can't have it that way. I for sure stand on bernies side here, he shouldn't have it this way, he deserve so much more.