Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pcd-47B,Pcd-50B,PCD-60B SCSI card reader update  (Read 1464 times)

Description:

Offline mechyTopic starter

Pcd-47B,Pcd-50B,PCD-60B SCSI card reader update
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:30:36 PM »
Someone messaged me needing the update software for a card reader they had bought with a old firmware. I thought i would put this stuff out for anyone needing it. Please download and spread this stuff so its not lost.

By connecting the scsi card reader with no cf cards etc installed to the scsi card and loading hdtoolbox or scsi utility,it will usually show the reader firmware it currently has.

Files can be found here: www.a4000t.com/pcd

From memory.
To update the pcd-47B required a win98 pc with adapted 2940 or 2940UW,download and install the PCD-47-m32.zip flash utility. I cant remember if these readers had a jumper to protect flashing,if so it may need to be changed to flash it. The manual is also there so it may tell. I remember some windows files to deal with the adaptec scsi being incredibly picky on version.

The pcd-50b and 60B use the pcd50-60b firmware.zip file under windows xp(it may work on win7???). Also use a adaptec 2940/2940uw.
 remove any jumpers on the pcd-50b bottom row nearest the power connector,many come installed with a write protect jumper.

use the opposite block of jumpers to set ID/terminations as per the label.

Some older controllers like a590 also need the Reserved jumper set. If you dont want to use LUNS for faster booting and dont need access to the other card slots,you can keep the luns off on the scsi card and just use the first pcmcia slot with a pcmcia-to-cf adapter. Also some controllers are picky and prefer the card formatted in this slot initially.

gvp scsi cards work well with these readers(lun scan is faster etc) than the 2091 in my experience. These cards should have gvp 4.15 rom or guru rom for best results.

Hope this helps. ;D
Mike

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:48:35 PM by mechy »

The following users thanked this post: Pat the Cat, PRS

Offline PRS

• Show only replies by PRS
Re: Pcd-47B,Pcd-50B,PCD-60B SCSI card reader update
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:43:42 PM »
Hi Mechy,

Thank you so much!!!

Kind regards,

Aldo

Offline PRS

• Show only replies by PRS
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 02:19:49 PM »
Today I've successfully flashed my PCD-60b to the "latest" firmware!

It was really easy, the only steps involved:
- Having a WinXP computer with Adaptec AHA-2940 installed available
- Don't know if necessary, but had the SCSI-ID set to 1
- Open the flash programm in the supplied files
- It automatically finds the firmware (v1.28)
- Press start...

DONE.

Many many thanks!

Offline mechyTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 08:33:02 PM »
Glad to hear you managed to update it and its working :)