Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When Apple release the iBox games console  (Read 7887 times)

Description:

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
Re: When Apple release the iBox games console
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;603501
Like this thing?

Yeah, they're bringing gaming to the Apple TV, apparently APIs have been discovered in the latest Apple TV builds that mention gaming.

Of course this is probably a way off at the moment, or awaiting a revision of the Apple TV to a more powerful CPU and GPU than the current Apple A4 chip. Then again, I bet lots of people would be happy just to play that tedium-fest Angry Birds on their TV.

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;614754
Apple "seize" 1.6% of a market, fanboys proclaim VICTOLY, soccer moms and mallwalker dads buy one, hipsters and failure to launch manchildren queue up for them on release date, MS, Sony and Nintendo barely notice, world keeps turning.

That's how Apple products work these days, right?

Nope.

Nowadays with a new product (since the iPod, including the iPhone and iPad) Apple sieze a vast chunk of the market area it targets (70%+ for iPod and iPad so far, and the iPhone isn't doing too bad either even with Android's success). And they consistently get excellent ratings for their support. And their customers are usually very happy with what they have bought because it works for them, it's reliable, the UI is intuitive, the apps are solid, and there's very little faffing around.

Offline Hattig

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;614860
Right, like I have seized control of a vast chunk of the state of Florida that I have chosen to target.  100% in fact!*

(*=of the area I have chosen to target, specifically my 1 acre lot.)

They don't call it the reality distortion field for nothin'.

Sheesh. For phones Apple targets the Smartphone arena, not the feature phone or lower categories. It's a growth area still, and has been for a few years. They didn't create it of course. They have a massive area of this market, and it's a large portion of the overall mobile phone market now.

For music playback Apple targets the digital personal player market, and got 70% of that. Nobody sells tape or CD walkman devices anymore, so that's 70% of all portable music. Phones have come along to do it as well, but Apple have a product there too.

For tablets, Apple has the vast majority of the market. Even if this was refactored to mean 'portable computer' the sale of iPads takes them from sixth or seventh worldwide to third because they sell so many.

So, it's hardly your soggy little alligator ridden acre in the everglades.