Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you hate linux  (Read 3579 times)

Description:

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
Re: If you hate linux
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 27, 2003, 06:04:27 PM »
Well, any kind of virus or pop-up snap isn't nice at all, but we must place the blame properly...

"Pop-up support should NOT exist in browsers, and  Acitve-X is a f***ing STUPID idea that should never have seen the light of day.  Hey, let's run executable code RIGHT OFF THE INTERNET!  It's OK, the security certificate says they said the friends of Microsoft said it's OK!"

I have my Active-X controls set to "prompt", and I never open any attachments in my e-mail that aren't picutres, like .gifs or .jpegs.

As a result, I haven't had a virus in more than four years.  The blame belongs on Microsoft, Sun, and all those other companies that write this idiotic web software that ALLOWS crackers to waltz right onto our systems and make our lives miserable.

BTW, I finally tried out Mozilla 1.4, and I like it a LOT more than earlier versions.  I think it's a keeper.   :-D

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
Re: If you hate linux
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2003, 06:10:54 PM »
Why is it every time I post a comment, it shows up in the middle of the thread, instead of the end?

[ Edit:  Ah, I think there's something wrong with how the Amiga.org forums are getting timestamps!  :-) ]