Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS daily usage By You?  (Read 7641 times)

Description:

Offline AmiDelfTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
AmigaOS daily usage By You?
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
Hello

I would like to know if some of you uses AmigaOS as your main operating system?

Do you see it as a hobby usage or daily usage? Do you use Windows or OSX for tools that AmigaOS doesnt have? And would you use AmigaOS way more if it had the same tools as Windows or OSX?

I am using AmigaOS for Web, Social Media and Map tools daily. If I need to use OSX or Windows I use them. However, if AmigaOS had the same tool. I would for sure use AmigaOS for that. I play games and listen to music on my Amigas. But I also do that on my PC and Mac. I really doesnt look at me as a hobby AmigaOS user. I do have classic Amiga. My A500 is upgraded with a Vampire 500 v2+ card. Its now my IRC, Music and IBrowse machine. I look at my A500 machine as a hobby machine, but my AmigaOS machine with MorphOS is more like a tool operating system like Windows or OSX for me.

It really seems to be very odd or bad to say that you use your AmigaOS machine as the main computer. People pushes me to think that this is only a hobby usage but I really do use MUImapparium instead of google maps on AmigaOS. Its way faster and more comfortable to use. I also use TVPaint in 1920x1080 in MorphOS. Its really fast in making web banners. You plot in 728x90 and you design your banner fast. Why do I need to use Photoshop? I dont see my AmigaOS usage as hobby usage. It is a tool that I love to use and is comfortable with. I also use OSX and Windows. I use them together with AmigaOS and love it. Some people just thinks that Amiga is a pure hobby machine. However, I feel its not that at all. Its really about what you use it for. Your Windows or OSX usage can also be hobby related.

At Amiga32 in Neuss, Germany. I asked several about their Amiga usage. In Germany it seems like many uses their Amigas as their main tool machine with the help of osx or windows if needed. However, here in Norway and many other countries. It really feels like outside of Germany and Poland. The Amiga usage is seen as a hobby machine but in Germany Amiga is yet another computer that is commercially used. No other Amiga country have so much Amiga related development, got 2 Amiga paper magazines, have several Amiga stores and Amiga User groups in allmost every part of Germany. In Germany ZDF.Info have shown the Amiga documentary even. Trevor Dickinson also told me that without the German and Polish Amiga market, there would also be no X1000 and X5000. How can the German Amiga thinking spread to other countries? How can this country show the way?

What kind of AmigaOS do you have? What do you use it for? Would you use AmigaOS way more if it had all the tools you needed?
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.