Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frustrated SAM460 owner  (Read 20284 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Frustrated SAM460 owner
« on: September 28, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »
Quote from: AmigoSteve;774090
Hi everyone, wondering how the 460 owners are feeling out there. I have owned my 460 for well over 2 years and am beginning to get disillusioned by it.

The lack of warp3d is the biggest source of frustration. Especially as 440 owners are able to enjoy quake 2/3 et al as well as the newly released amazing voxel bird saga. Thellier does a great job with wazp3d but unfortunately I cant play voxel bird saga- through wazp3d, it has to be very small screen and after a few seconds play it crashes the computer.
i completely feel your pain. after several years of no 3D support whatsoever for the newer RadeonHD cards, it's getting absurd IMO. of course you can always use a 9250 or other older supported card in the PCI slot, but then you're forced to use the on-board SATA2 connection -- of which there is only one and DMA still isn't supported. technically the latter is up to acube since they wanted to develop the drivers rather have hyperion do it, but from a customer perspective, who cares?

it's nuts.

the good news is that A-EON can at least help you with your account issues so you can grab the latest 2D driver for which you paid. just send them an email. as for the rest of it, well, we're all in the same boat. :(

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:39:58 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: Frustrated SAM460 owner
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;774098
As for Warp3D for RadeonHD, the good news is that it is running many 3D demos such as Gears etc, but there are still some bugs to fix.  Its a mammoth task given the poor documentation out there for RadeonHD cards, but we should have more news by Amiwest.
that's terrific news, and i think the first official confirmation that the project has been picked back up again. splendid! :)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."