Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frustrated SAM460 owner  (Read 20344 times)

Description:

Offline AmigoSteveTopic starter

• Show all replies
Frustrated SAM460 owner
« on: September 28, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi everyone, wondering how the 460 owners are feeling out there. I have owned my 460 for well over 2 years and am beginning to get disillusioned by it.

The lack of warp3d is the biggest source of frustration. Especially as 440 owners are able to enjoy quake 2/3 et al as well as the newly released amazing voxel bird saga. Thellier does a great job with wazp3d but unfortunately I cant play voxel bird saga- through wazp3d, it has to be very small screen and after a few seconds play it crashes the computer.

I also have problems with the water effects in Hurrican, and colour issues with Aquaria, I get a blue screen once I get out of the house in Frogatto etc...

I have recently found that v1.0 of the radeon driver was released a few months ago but I have not been able to download it. I bought the driver licence but when i log in and try to download on the new site the download request is denied by the AMIstore server. Once downloaded we will still be waiting for Hyperion to pull their finger out.

I have spent thousands on the amiga over the past few years and if I want 3d I am sure I will have to spend much more on OS4.2.

I love the amiga but this is getting very painful, any help?

• Show all replies
Re: Frustrated SAM460 owner
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
I am considering morphos, does it run on a g4 ibook?

I have tried putting a 9250 in the pci slot but cant get it to work. I suppose it is more complicated than just putting the card in. If anyone could help with how to install the card in a sam460 then please explain it to me as I have tried.

Oh and does anyone know how to get some of the games to work properly with the sam460, turrican, frogatto, hurrican etc... If so please help.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »
sorry, meant to say Aquaria, frogatto, hurrican

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:34:58 PM »
Thank you. I will pmail you.

When warp3d is finally here will it work with the 4000 series? A while back I heard these were not going to be supported. Would be strange if not because they came supplied with many sams.

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »
Thank you. I am sure when warp3d does come out I will buy another card to make use of it.

I imagine i will need to figure out where I have put my warp3d libs after renaming/replacing them for wazp3d. If not someone may have to help me out there.

Thanks again