Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????  (Read 10043 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
Re: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« on: September 11, 2003, 04:12:20 AM »
All My Computing Needs are PoWeReD By
AMIGA 3000T 060@66mhz RAM: *128*Mb/CyberVision64: *4*Mb/*11*Gb SCSI
HDDs CD ROM/Scanjet 5p/ZIP *100*/Canon BJC3000/Casio QV100 camera/
Motorola 56k MF3/Toccata
Operating system AMiGA Workbench 3.5.2
Manufactured November 1990

Miles, I *WANT* your miggy.  :-o

Anyways, back on topic...

Donny, are you out of your freaking mind???!???

Why on earth would I send a buck to a crap ass company that's all 'anti-piracy' blah blah that would F*ck the only people that give a sh!t about them??

Get a clue, bub. Every person that sent 50$ to Amiga Inc for that damned coupon got screwed in the worst possible way. They got ripped off on something they believed in.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in the past few years, but AI hasn't been keeping Amiga alive.

AI boasted about a new Mobo in the beginning. That mobo was the Pegasos. AI and Thendic come alonf and have a falling out. No more Pegasos.

Eyetech help design a NEW board. One that doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the original, but no one really complains, 'cos Amiga said 'it's okay.' Does Eyetech get anything out of it? No. As a matter of fact, they had to design a PROTOTYPE before AI even took it into consideration.

New board is a go and is manufactured, in VERY small increments, funded solely by the people at Eyetech. At this point in time, it is assumed that AI was doing the coding, 'cos this was before TAO said in an interview that Intent was 'never designed to be a desktop platform.' These boards were sent with soldered cpu's, 'cos it was to expensive at the time to add a seat for expansion cpus. The new board starts as a massive flop.

Within a year, Eyetech offers NEW design boards. These are nicer than the ones before, but to recoup their OWN monetary loss, the boards are ridiculously expensive.  At this point, not one cent has been sent from AI. All of their money is tied up in the 'Digital Environment'.

AI then says in an 'exectutive update' that Amiga's OS 4.0 including and upto all revisions to 5.0 will be coded by Hyperion. Why? Cos Hyperion has offered more to the amiga in the past years, with all of it's game ports, than any other company still writing software. It was outsourced once it became apparent that the 'DE' was DEad. To this day, I believe that Hyperion has STILL never received any compensation from AI. If they did, why on earth would Hyperion have to find OTHER ventures to make capital and have to take credit loans out to stay afloat just to keep OS4.0?

Eyetech (and to their credit, BPlan) created the Amiga One, not Amiga Inc.

Hyperion is coding OS4, not Amiga Inc.

There are over 180 video cards to be implemented in OS4.0. Hyperion did this, not Amiga Inc.

The only thing that Amiga Inc has done for this community is rip off people like Silver Dragon, Targhan and so many others.

Don't EVEN get me started on how Petro got screwed by AI.  :-x

The only thing I would ever want to give Amiga Inc is a scortching case of herpes and since I have no access to that, they're SOL.
 :-D

If you want to donate a buck, give to AROS. Thendic is a company. They 'have' money. AROS is coded by people who believed in the Amiga and want it to continue. They deserve your money. Hyperion does. Eyetech does.

The only thing the people at Amiga Inc deserve is a long prison sentence, 'cos last I checked, AI is a US company and 65,000$ taken from consumers with nothing to show for, but empty promises and lies, is known only as GRAND THEFT stateside.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 04:32:03 AM »
Hey Down, I gotta know. I've seen pics, but what's the Peg REALLY like??? With the massive price drops, it's beginning to seem too good to pass up. The icons kill me, though. They look SO ugly. =^(

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 04:46:08 AM »
o.O

Don't tease....seriously. Don't tease. That's my biggest gripe with it and AROS. The ugly icons.

How's it run the old software?? Fusion?? AmigaWriter?

Don't get me wrong, I love my Amithlon box, but I want REAL PPC.  The screenshots on the MorphOS website don't do it justice to me and Miggy users here seem few and far between. We're all poor as bastards with A500''s, 2000's and the occasional 3000 :-)

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 07:46:28 PM »
Thx Targhan!!! :-P  Man, those screens look SO trick. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about OS4.0, but having a Morph box might be a better deal for me than my Amithlon box. If Bernie ever gets to re-release it in his vision, I'll probably buy it again, provided H&P isn't involved.

@Warface

I was pretty sure my timeline was a bit off, but I don't keep records of all the lies AI has spread through the years. All I was trying to say was that I may have stayed hidden in the background, but I was paying attention..

I will give McEwen credit on one thing, though. Soft Hut sent me an A1200 (The last Amiga I bought 3 years ago, in support of AI (rolling eyes)) with defective WB disks. I sent emails and called, but never heard anything. One email to McEwen got me my WB disks airmailed within a few days and a *NASTY* letter from Software Hut with the title header 'Why did you have to bring Amiga Inc in this.' It had been over a month since I had gotten the damned thing and still didn't have WB disks.

Ironically, that stock 1200 was used maybe a dozen times and sits, in it's original box, in my closet. =^\ I was planning to get a blizzard for it, but never did and with OS4.0 possibly not supporting Blizzard, it will probably end up a gift to a friend who's all about Amiga when I told him that he could play most of the old Apple games he had on his IIe, but with better sound, graphics, etc. He still can't figure out how Amiga runs a GUI on 2 megs of ram, but his XP box is slower than dirt with 256MBs of ram.

Resistance is futile. We need to assimilate AI before they do more harm than they already have.  :-?

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 07:47:45 PM »
@Jetfire

IS AROS NOT TRICK!!! That's some heavy software there. I can't wait until they get a HDD installable version.   :-o

Dude, I'm such a nerd.  :-D

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 08:18:11 PM »
I've had problems with it. It might have been the ide.device bug that they had, but I haven't gotten a new ISO in a while, 'cos I've been sucked back into the Bard's Tale.  :-D

Speaking of, I hacked the items list, so if anyone wants an adf of the character disk that allows you to purchase EVERY item from the game, let me know.

Heh, it's funny. I'll spend the time to hack the items list, so I can BUY the items, but I'm too lazy to just go and adventure.

Actually, I'm getting a bit burned on BT. I might venture back to the Killing Grounds.

Oh, has anyone gotten Duke3D to run on the Peggy? It won't run on my Amithlon box, 'cos it's got no FPU. :cry: I'm in some dire need of the old Dukester himself.

'This is K - T - I - T. K.T.I.T. Playing the breast, uh best tunes in town.' :-P

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 08:29:42 PM »
I'd try it out but I need to track down a copy of Duke Nuke'm Forever first.

Dude, you have a better chance of finding OS4.0 than you do Duke Nukem Forever. I don't even think 3DRealms is afloat anymore.

Duke Nukem. Now that's a SUPERHERO!!!

'Shake it baby!' :-D

Hey, what's everyone's favorite line from Duke Nukem? With me, it's either:

'Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride.'

or

'Eat #### and die!'

Offline Methuselas

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 09:30:16 PM »
Oh, well I have a copy of Atomic. (I paid for it. ;^) ) It's next to impossible to find anywhere anymore. I can send you a copy of it with the amiga exe on it.

Oh and I stand corrected, 3DRealms is still around. Apparently, they're still using the slogan 'when it's done.' Just by that, I'm sure there will be an Amiga port....

when it's done.

LOL